Yesterday SUCKED.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

OK, I'm on my second week of working 12-hour shifts, which sucks enough in it's self, factor in that last week I was working 6 to 6 overnight, and this week it's 6 to 6 during the day.

My body is all out of whack, equipment has been giving me problems left and right, I can't sleep, and then yesterday just before 3:00 my wife calls, she has panic in her voice, and says, "What are you doing?"

I go into smart ass mode, "Uh... WORKING."

She freaks - "The basement is full of water."

My first thought is it was from the storms the day before, until she says, "It's shooting out of the pipe."

She didn't know where the shut-off valve was.

The main water line coming into my house broke, and it had been running for god knows how long!

The only reason she realized there was a problem was she had went to give our youngest son a bath and no water came out, I had taken a shower earlier that morning, so it must have happened after that - but still I took my shower at 4:30 am, she went to give Ben his bath around 2:40 pm or so. Plus I'm thinking it might have been leaking for a while because my water bill was $120 last month - and I had no idea why.

Luckily my bother in law does plumbing and electrical work, so we just went to home depot, got the stuff we needed and re-welded the pipe, I also bought a small submersible pump and pumped out the 6 inches of standing water.

After that I re-lit the pilot light on my water heater, and now I have a muddy basement to look forward to cleaning this weekend.

Yes, yesterday sucked.

Hard.

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Ouch! That does friggin suck. My friends basement flooded one time, but it was from a sewage pipe that burst. That basement still smells funny to this day.

3. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    The only time my basement ever flooded was back in August '03. Serious storms right there. But, we finally had a use for the big vacuum downstairs, so that was somewhat of a plus. :p 

Sorry about your bad day, D_C.

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that DC.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Sorry about all of that DC. Glad you have a brother in law who could help out. Someone else might have gouged the shit out of you.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear dude. Stay if you can, kill some time here and de-stress.

Or punch something.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I forgot to mention. A few months after we moved into the house we rent. The main sewer line clogged. This happened while we were out, and the toilet in my kid's bathroom ran the whole time (one of those jiggle the handle toilets.) We had actually sewage in both bathrooms. Real nice thing to come home to. WORST. DAY. EVER.

Hope that makes you feel better DC.

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Grrrr

Today was a clusterfuck too.

I had a machine down for 6 hours because of a loose ribbon cable - I checked the same damn cable three times, the third time (after troubleshooting everything else in the machine) all of a sudden all the relays kicked in, and I was like "WTF MAN!!!!????"

OUCH That mega sucks!!!!

It reminds me of once when I went out of town for the weekend (back when I still lived in an apartment) and came home to find the toilet had overflowed and was running all weekend, the entire bathroom and bedroom was flooded - but at least was just water, I couldn't imagine if it had been sewage.

9. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Don't have a basement, live in a doublewide hehehehe, but water problems are nothing new, seems like we get atleast 4 or 5 a year(if not more) and sometimes they are bitch to get at(once one of em were under ground and we had to dig a big hole just to get to the pipe, all PVC of course instead of metal heheehe)

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, D_C. My parent's basement has flooded, I know it sucks hard.

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yes, I concur that yesterday sucked! I sprained my ankle playing basketball!

12. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Im sorry to hear that man.

13. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Crapola. But still, good fortune that it was discovered before it got any worse....

and you have a bother in law? What a brilliant typo :lol