Yes, another Classics thread - Let's shoot for a consensus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nightrain, Oct 5, 2006.

1. T.K. Sunglasses

T.K. Sunglasses -

Difficult, but:

Voyagers:

Galvatron - Yeah, I'm one of those people who's less than thrilled with classics Megatron, so I'd really like another try.
    Ultra Magnus - I really want a good Magnus figure with his own mold. The titanium 6" is okay, but it doesn't really do it for me, mostly because of those godawful arms that are like three inches away from his actual shoulders or whatever. But also, I would really like to see one in the size of a voyager, with all the poseability that can be expected from a classics figure. I think this toy is more than overdue.

It was hard for me not to write Rodimus Prime, but I think most of these characters are more important even despite how much of an unabashed Rodimus fanboy I am. But if I could have three, that's what the third would be! I mean we've already got Hot Rod, he's just not called that. He deserves the upgrade.

Deluxe:

Arcee - Yes, I'm on the Arcee bandwagon. Nothing new to say about this, she just deserves to have a figure based on her original G1 self.

Soundwave - Personally I think the idea that this isn't necessary because of the reissue is nonsense. A classics Soundwave is completely necessary! G1 Soundwave is a great toy but I want an updated one with classics poseability. I'd be especially thrilled if he was still a tape player, but I realize that's not likely. If he was updated as some other kind of communications device I'd be okay with it so long as he still has Ravage, Rumble, and Laserbeak.

Kup - He's been a favorite of mine for a long time and hasn't really gotten any love. I'd be absolutely thrilled to have him.

Blitzwing - Another bandwagon I'm hopping on. He could be fantastic if done properly.

Ironhide/Ratchet - They just need to be there or it isn't right.

2. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

All of them....

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, for the two Voyagers I say:

Galvatron: First... I'm a little less than keen on Megatron being a gun and all. So, I'd like to see a Galvatron in the line... not to mention a couple people I know that went to Botcon were telling me how energetic and enthusiastic Archer was when he was describing what he wanted to do with a Classic *Neo* Galvatron. I'd like to see all of that energy and enthusiasm placed in a nice new Galvatron toy for us.

Sixshot: Personally, after seeing how good a job they did with Astrotrain, I'd like to see how well they could pull of a six changer. It would have to be at this price point, because I don't think they could do a six changer well in a deluxe size. Also, Sixshot is one of my favorite underused characters from the Rebirth three parter. Alot of potential that was never really touched on.

For the deluxes:

Jazz: Seriously, out of all the original characters that keep getting some kind of homage, this one is largely left untouched. An updated Jazz outside of the Alternators line would be really nice IMO. There's so much they could do to update Jazz it would be a shame if he didn't get a nice update.

Arcee: I'm going to have to join in on this band wagon. Arcee is a character that many a fan has wanted to see a G1 version of for a long time now and this is the best chance (besides Titaniums... which not everyone likes) for us to get a really nice update to the one G1 show character that was prominant, but never got a toy.

Punch/Counterpunch: Obscure? Yes. But he has an awesome stand alone gimmick that no one's ever attempted to recreate in any following TF line. Sure, in Armada we got Sideways and he changed heads and the faction symbol on his chest changed and we got another Sideways in Cybertron whom only changed faction symbols when you activated his Cyber Key nonesense... however, neither of them could do any real spy work... once someone sees you on either side it's done. However, Punch can actually transform into another robot form... which means he's the perfect spy... one Autobot and one Decepticon form. And I think it would add some needed flavor to the line.

Blitzwing: Again, after seeing how good a job they did on Astrotrain... I want to see another Triple Changer. And Blitzwing was my favorite after Astrotrain. It was sure hard not to want Springer over Blitzwing though, but I'd say we'd need another 'con or two before we get a Springer. Besides, Blitzwing always kind of seemed like Springer's unintentional counterpart... or perhaps it would be the other way around sense Springer came second?

Cyclonus: My favorite herald from the original movie. It's sad that the only Cyclonus character we've recieved thus far is an insane helicopter that just happens to share the name of, perhaps, the most loyal and noble of all the Decepticons. Cyclonus has too much personality not to get a nice rendition of him... that and he can bitch slap Starscream around like a little girl when the whiner questions their leaders authority. :lol 

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My List
    1. Soundwave (Laserbeak, Ravage, & Rumble) don't care about the rest.
    2. Sunstreaker
    3. Ironhide
    4. Wheeljack
    5. Shockwave
    6. Jazz
    7. Trailbreaker
    8. Huffer W/ Prime's Trailer
    9. Tracks
    10. Constructicons
    11. Stunticons
    12. Metroplex
    13. Blaster
    14. Blitzwing
    15. Springer
    16. Omega Supreme
    17. Warpath

Possible Megaton Repaint of Warpath but I would like to see the mold first I am not big on the repaints.

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Jazz deluxe A fan favorite
    Arcee deluxe THIS IS A MUST
    Kup deluxe some one to hang with Hotrod/plus another movie favorite
    Prowl deluxe Must comes armed to the teeth
    Cosmos deluxe I want exactly what we saw at Botcon
    Shockwave voyager another Nerf blaster please
    Soundwave voyager must come with Lazerbeak and Ravage

6. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Since Hasbro is reading, I'll chime in.

Deluxes:

1) Jazz. He is a top-tier fan favorite, yet to receive a modern deluxe update, and his absence from the first batch still amazes me. I was relieved to see Hasbro is considering him.

2) Ironhide & Ratchet: The Tow-Line mold only whet the collective appetite for these two. Now is the time for them to be done right, Botcon exclusives be damned.

3) Blitzwing: Too awesome a concept not to get another shot. Keep him deluxe so he still fits in with Astrotrain.

4) Wheeljack: Energon Downshift was ruined by Powerlinking, C-Downshift is great, but he's not Wheeljack, just do a proper update, with a similar transform to the new Bumblebee as a template. With BLUE windows & talky ears, not red or orange.

5) Sideswipe & Sunstreaker: Hasbro is also considering these, so bring 'em on. The original Car Bros are always welcome here. A Red Alert repaint would also be nice.

6) The Insecticons. The 'cons need at least one mechanical beast, but I eventually want to see all three.

7) Runabout/Runamuck: More earth-mode 'Cons are always nice, and its another easy repaint. It would also atone for their awful 80s toys. Plus I want an 80s Trans Am Transformer, I don't care how, or who it is.

8) Hound. No other reason then I always liked his toy and he has a great alt-mode.

The only Voyager I can think of is Shockwave, but I can see them re-releasing the Energon toy instead.

The bottom line here is that once this batch of Classics is over, Megatron will have almost his entire Nemesis crew with him plus some extras (counting reissue Soundwave). Prime will have only Bumblebee & Mirage from his original gang. Grimlock & Hot Rod are great but Prime needs to be surrounded by more of his original troops for the line to be truly called Classics.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I want a Voyager Prowl, Blitzwing, Ultra magnus, Rodimus Prime, and Shockwave.

Deluxes I really don't care.

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would actually really like to see a proper Ironhide/Ratchet

EDIT: And an Arcee...Damn this multitasking!

9. Sciron

Sciron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Me I want:
    voyager:
    Shockwave
    An articulate Star Saber (yeah I know not part of the U.S. continuity, but would be great to have a U.S. release.)

Deluxe:
    Jazz
    wheeljack
    Arcee
    Octane
    Blitzwing

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I hope Hasbro give us a 'larger' Rodimus one that similar to scale to a Galvatron. I'm frankly quite pleased with classics from the pictures and despite some of their flaws, I'm must admit Hasbro has done a good job.

Other than that, I more or less agree with the sizes some of guys have chosen. Example, Jazz being a deluxe.

What the heck...whatever Hasbro character introduces as long as its a G1 update, I will buy it! LOL!

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alright, I'll bite. Here's my list.

-VOYAGERS-

Soundwave- Make him a deluxe sized.....tape-player? Maybe. But I want something....obscure. I gave it some thought, and I'd like to see a hand-held game system. Like a gameboy. And then the cartridges could become Rumble, Laserbeak, Ravage, etc. Maybe a retool as Blaster? *Ducks in cover from fanboys*

Ultra Magnus- Deluxe sized Magnus with a car carrier trailer that becomes armor. Make it with Classics articulation. Hasbro, I'd buy so many of these, he'd be the only TF in my collection. Titanium=PURE LUV!....But I'm not digging the arms being a few inches away from the front of his body.

-DELUXES-

Jazz- I know he's on the "We'll consider if Classics sell" list, but I want him so bad, I'll put him again. Make him a sleek sports car. He's over-due for a homage that isn't Alt. Meister. Oh yeah, give him a grin. A big grin. :) 

Ironhide/Ratchet- Make either one. WITHOUT a seat face. Minor retool, and BAM! You have the other. Easy? Maybe...too easy.

Smokescreen/Bluestreak/Prowl- Same as stated above. Make any of them. Repaints/Retools and BANG! You have two more toys.

Cyclonus- Titanium Scourge was made.....but he has no partner. And the nail-polish is optional on this one. Sleek, futuristic jet.

Sunstorm- Cool colors. I'd really like to see them on the Classics SS/TC/SW mold.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Just wanted the throw this thought out there, would you guys really want a voyager class ultra Magnus, I mean even if he was a car carrier again it would be so small only minicons would fit on him, not normal sized TF, I mean I would love an ultra Magnus but he would have to be leader size class or ultra at a push.

13. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Voyager - Blitzwing (the extra size may help with a better triple changer feature) and Cyclonus (a big jet)

Deluxe - Arcee, Ironhide, Runamuck, Octane, Thundercracker

14. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we're just shooting to have him combine with his trailer, not carry deluxe cars....