Yes, another Classics thread - Let's shoot for a consensus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nightrain, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Since we know Hasbro reads this board, perhaps we should try to give them an idea of who we really would like to see. We will keep it small, 5 deluxes, 2 voyagers. Choose the names you really want, or feel would be a big asset to the line. You can choose names from their so called "short-list". You can include Soundwave, Hasbro has never been shy about changing their minds. No repaints or remolds. No combiner sets.

I think Shockwave is one obvious voyager. The other one is kind of tough. Soundwave doesn't have to be a voyager imo. There must be more interesting candidates, such as Bludgeon.

As for the deluxes, I would go nuts for a new Brawn, and I think many others would as well. He was the first loss on the shuttle, so he has a sort of forgotten but still iconic name.

Jazz is an absolute must. I can't imagine him not being heavily sought after by fans of any age.

Cyclonus. The best non-repaint seeker I can think of. Since we are getting Scourge in Titanium form, I feel Cyclonus deserves his due. Sleek forms and an interesting character.

Arcee, for obvious reasons.

For the last one I'm going to say Blitzwing. He has the firepower Astrotrain is missing, and the original robot toy sucked balls. He deserves better. Plus having a sword would kick ass.

Agree? Disagree? Make your case.(don't just list names)

2. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Well for me the next 2 Voyagers need to be Decepticons due to the current unbalance in that class(Prime, Magnus, Jetfire, and Megs).

Shockwave would be high on my list for a Decepticon Voyager due to his size and stature in G1.

Bludgeon was never that memormable to me, but to each their own.

For the second Voyager I would go with Blitzwing, simply becuase he would look great at that size especially with him being a Triple Changer.

Now on to the Deluxes I would divide those up into into 3 Decepticons and 2 Autobots due to the current balance of Deluxes(B. Bee, Cliffy, Hot Rod, Mirage, Grimmy, Screamer, Astro, Skywarp, and Ramjet).

I personally wouldn't touch Cyclonus, Scourge, or the Sweeps until the original 3 Seekers and 3 Coneheads are made.

Brawn would be cool, but there really isn't any repaintability there. Maybe would be good after all the repaintable figures are done.
    Again, Arcee would be cool, but for later down the road.

For the Decepticons I would go with Thundercracker, Dirge or Thrust, and one of the Insecticons(Shrapnel, Kickback, or Bombshell).

For the Autobots I would go with Prowl and Ironhide since they are both main characters and they are different molds with repaintability down the road(Bluestreak, Smokescreen, and Ratchet).

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I just want a proper Wheeljack. An Autobot with the looks and transformation, and sold under the proper name. That's all I ask.

4. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

Voyagers:
    -Shockwave
    -Blitzwing

Deluxes:
    -Sunstreaker(repaint as Sideswipe and Red Alert)
    -Jazz
    -Trailbreaker (repaint as Hoist)
    -Dinobots
    -Powerglide

I would have included the other Seekers,but I'm pretty sure they're already planned.

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt they would do a Bludgeon since he was never on TV and many fans don't know too much about the character.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll Shoot for:

Jazz
    Ironhide (Ratchet remold)
    Brawn
    Blitzwing
    Any and all unaccounted for seekers
    Soundwave and tapes (doesn't have to be voyager)

7. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

PROWL! Please oh please oh please make a kick-ass new Prowl!

The 4 other Dinobots <-----if you build them, we will buy them. Dinos+Robots=Cash in Hasbro's bank.

Huffer. He was my first Transformer, so gotta give him some props.

Soundwave - seriously, I think we all dig this guy. Tweak the mold a bit and repaint him as Blaster.

Jazz, cuz he's all that.

Arcee of course, since she wasn't around the first time.

Galvatron. Make him.I will buy him.

The Insecticons would be pretty cool too. An insect Minicon team would be great as either minions or adversaries.

Metroplex and Trypticon would be pretty damn cool too. The bots gotta have hometowns after all...

:dj 

8. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Here's what i'd like to see. Some of these are a little offbeat I think.

Delux.

Windcharger. He's a G1 minibot who's never gotten any love. Has a cool Alt mode and would look good next to alts and classics. (And don't tell me there's an Alt windcharger, it's overdrive's head on a generic body)

Brawn. Same as windcharger basically. He's almost shown up a few times in homages, but lets get him for real. And I really like the idea of an army of former minibot deluxes.

Blitzwing. He's the next most popular tripple changer, and hasn't had a good homage ever.

Kickback. The autobots get dinosaurs. The decipticons get giant insects. Althought I think the delux size actually suits the Insects better than the Dinos.

Cyclonus. The only season 3 decepticon worth remembering. His original toy was pretty cool and wouldn't need a major overhaul.

Voyagers.

Galvatron. He's already very Sci-Fi, so they wouldn't have to make the same compromises that they had to for megatron. I'd feel a lot happier with an accurate Galvatron leading my decpticons than a Nerf Megatron.

Ironhide. The vehical mode would probably make him a voyager.He could transform into a robot about prime sized with a battle station. Everyone loves Ironhide.

Feel free to just type " I agree with Mick " rather than trying to come up with something better.

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Okay, Voyager class is too special in this line for basic characters like Ironhide and especially Bludgeon. It should be reserved for characters who need that size.

Deluxes:
    Arcee - She deserves it too much. It's time for a real one, Hasbro.
    Ironhide - We've had a van at deluxe size, I want one without a base mode though, just one really solid deluxe bot for Ironhide.
    Wheeljack - In Armada the character and body was wrong. Energon and Universe, wrong name. Cybertron, never got the repaint. Alternator, wrong colors. Time for a real one.
    Blitzwing - Triple changers rule, simple as that. I'd love to see another in Classics, especially my favorite.
    Cyclonus - Another jet in his series but the coolest one. We have the name, let's use it.

Voyager:
    Shockwave - We wouldn't even have to change his colors to make it US legal. We just got the name back after years, use it!
    Rodimus Prime - Like the Titanium one, no trailer to detach and accurate down to the Matrix in his chest.

10. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Just to be difficult, heres a few i think don't deserve classics treatment.

Anything that's been done in Titanium. That includes rodimus and scourge.

Recent good homages. I'm looking at wheeljack, shockwave, springer, inferno etc. I'm not saying that they wouldn't be cool figures, but fans of the character will doubtlessly already have these figures. So it would be cooler for everyone to have figures that are completely new. Obviously mirage, grimlock and starscream fall into this catagory, but starsceam and grimlock are important enough to get away with it, and not many people got RM mirage.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    voyager
    shockwave
    roadbuster

deluxe
    wheeljack
    ironhide
    brawn
    trailbreaker
    hook

12. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    You know if we want a consensus (at least among the people here) what we should do is take people wishlists for Classics (I know there is at least one other thread that has these it in, not to mention the ones with them worked in regular Classics discussion.) and Basicly make a Place for each name mentioned and see how many times that names shows up on a list. Then we take that list and order it by who ended up having the most votes to who has the least and then present it in some way. That way Hasbro knows who is in the most demmand from the fans. Maybe we could even do it once a month to see if trends change. (And of course to take people off the list if More Classics are announced.)

13. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Voyager Class:

1. Shockwave - he's just too popular not to do.
    2. Galvatron - please note that I'm not a fan of Galvatron's at all. I thought he was pretty good most of the time in the comics, decent in the movie, but terrible in Seasons 3 and 4. Japanese G1...not sure. That said, I can't deny that he's also popular and with Rodimus Prime coming out as a Titanium, it would make sense to also do a Galvatron of some kind either 6" Titanium or Classic.

Deluxe Class:
    1. Jazz - again, he's popular as well.
    2. Prowl - also popular.
    3. Arcee - I think the fan demand...from what I've seen...pretty much says that she's wanted and it's time to give the girl her due.
    4. Thundercracker - I think this will happen for nothing more than just a repaint to help pay for the mold.
    5. Cyclonus - yeah, this guy's pretty popular too.

Who would I also love to see but don't think they'd really add anything to the line to help get it started? Trailbreaker, Huffer, Brawn, and Gears but I don't think these guys are that popular (which really pains me to say that about Trailbreaker but I can't deny it) to help get the line started. I think guys like Sunstreaker, Side Swipe (or Sideswipe), Bruticus, Superion, Ironhide, Ratchet, Wheeljack, and others are ahead of them in the popularity category.

14. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Voyager: Galvatron. In his own mold, not a Meggy repaint. Its what we all want.
    Ultra Magnus. As above ( I know hes already got the white prime job,
    but since thats a store exclusive, Hasbro could still do it...)

Deluxes: Springer - an Autobot Triple changer. (Ill settle for any of them really)
    Cyclonus - just too cool not to
    Ironhide/Ratchet - the real question is why they haven't bee done yet?
    Octane - I like him better thn Blitzwing. So there.
    Sideswipe/Sunstreaker - Autobot cars, its what its all about isn't it?

15. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

voyager:
    Galvatron - even if you don't like him, he killed starscream. that's gotta earn some points.
    Rodimus Prime - I'd like to see him in a bigger class for once. In case that won't happen, I'd also like either Ultra Magnus (with armor), the decepticon six changer, or that space shuttle birdie thing.

Deluxe:
    Arcee - I've always liked her character and have wanted to see a decent toy; or any of the other fembots.
    Wheeljack - while I was happy to get him in Energon, I'd like to see one with more articulation.
    Cyclonus - I always liked how he looked and his character wasn't that bad.
    Kup - Great old duffer.
    A headmaster vehicle - I don't really care who, I'd just like to have a bot whose head could get blown off. Preferably a decepticon.

I have to say, a minicon set of insecticons would be really cool.

16. northerncrowe

northerncrowe Well-Known Member

Let's face it, the best business choices are probably going to have some connection to current lines and the upcoming show. Regardless...

Voyager

Ultra Magnus
    Galvatron
    Broadside (Ha!)

Deluxe
    Brawn
    Ironhide/Ratchet
    Kup
    Blitzwing

Obscure
    Surshot targetmaster
    Hardhead or Chromedome

17. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Shockwave (Voyager)
    Soundwave (Voyager size class, but a Deluxe sized toy that comes with 2-3 tapes)
    Sideswipe (Deluxe)
    Sunstreaker (Deluxe)
    Jazz (Deluxe)
    Prowl (Deluxe)
    Blitzwing (Deluxe)

I left out the rest of the Seekers because Hasbro made it seem pretty obvious that those are coming already.

18. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

Can I have your baby?

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :D 

wasnt it cool to see him recently in stormbringer?

underutilized g1 characters rawk.

20. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Hmm...

Voyagers
    Shockwave
    Galvatron

Deluxes
    Ratchet/Ironhide (one can be a repaint of the other, I don't care which comes first)
    Blitzwing
    Thundercracker (repaint or Starscream)
    Dirge/Thrust (repaints of Ramjet)
    Arcee
    Springer
    Kup
    Cyclonus
    Jazz
    Sideswipe
    Sunstreaker