Yes, another Beast Wars debate

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ShinMusashi44, May 6, 2006.

1. ShinMusashi44

ShinMusashi44 Well-Known Member

I never really make topics, so this is like my 3rd one. I want to talk about ( and a little ranting as well) about pre-earth Beast Wars. I've been doing alot on my Myth Wars project and i was thinking about Cybertron in the Beast Wars universe. And with all the talk of the new Botcon toys. Well i was wondering why everyone thinks that they are all vehicles? Theres no evidence that they have vehicles modes or that they have alt modes at all. I rewatched beast wars over again they never talked about having an alt mode or being vehicles. And the Tripredacus council cleary didnt have an alt mode (and dont use the "Well they did't have the money to make them look like they had an alt mode. I get really tired of that excuse from people." I understand it for the real show charactes. But the Preds in the background on cybertron could have been animated with alt modes, since they were new models.) As much as Rattrap complained, you would think he would complained about having a non-vehicle mode. Also in Beast Wars II they didn't look like they were vehicles at all either. Plus why would Optimus PRIMAL be a vehicle (hes got PRIMAL in hes freaking name. Not Optimus truckamus) and yes i know Simon Furman said Primals pre-earth mode was a monster truck and megatron was some kind of battle machine. But hes not Hasbro/Takara. So he can say all he wants till it comes from one of those companies mouth, Hes just a fan writer to me.( a very good one, so everyone doesnt freak out. I do like Simon Furman. And i do enjoy hes work. So dont thnk im bashing on him). And alot of people talk about they had different names before they came to earth. But it never said that in the show or even hinted at it. Why could Terrorsaur still be called Terrorsaur and have an alt mode like Cybertron Brimstone? And since they faction is called Maximals (mammals) don't you think they would have animal alt modes? Why would they call themselves Maximals and be vehicles? Samething with the Predacons, I don't know of any preying vehicles. oh and there was a topic before about why Predacons say terrorize, well more than likely its cause the Predacons are based on both the G1 Predacons and the G1 terrorcons. Since the Terrorcons were all monsters and such it makes alot of sence. It just makes more sence that they all mostly had animal modes on cybertron Like G1 characters did. Later in G1 there was more and more animal modes showing up. And the Pretenders showing up too. So maybe in the future (beast wars time) they see animals as a superior alt mode. Or animal alt modes are more fuel effective, But who knows. And sorry for the errors in spelling, I had to type this really fast cause i gotta go to work soon.

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

Without an official source showing us what they looked like pre-earth, its anyone's guess.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Sorry dude, but thats the honest truth. ben goes over it at bwtf.com (he was a consultant on the show, after all). they were supposed to be the three bots that combine to be tripredacus, but monetary constraints made them heads with cloaks and hands.

as for their pre-earth alt modes, I'm sure some had beast modes. G1 had robotic beast forms being pretty popular, and there's no way they'd just throw that type of design away after leaving earth.

IDW's current BW comic shows lio convoy with his lion's head with tank treads, so its likely they used vehicles, beasts, and a mixture of both for their alt modes on cybertron.

as for the issue you brought up with their names tying in with their alternate modes, its nothing new for a TF to have a name that may only make sense with their future earth alt mode, and not their original cybertron alt mode. Ratbat doesnt make any sense, considering he had that name long before he ever came to earth. same with jazz (while not referencing his alt mode, he takes his name from a genre of earth music), and a large assortment of other names.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The names were given in relation to earth alt modes. To question why it didn't fit thier cybertron version is over-thinking it. The developers were making a kids show and did not expect people to get this into it.

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I'm with IG on this one.

Cheetor,Rattrp & Rhinox didn't choose their names till AFTER they gained beast modes.And Optimus Primal didn't announce his name till he gained his Gorilla form.

Sometimes one should just enjoy it w/o trying to explain EVERY aspect :) 

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Copy-pasted from my response to your identical thread over at the Allspark...

Right, and G1 Bumblebee was called "Bumblebee" back on Cybertron, not "Hoverbot", even though he never transformed into any kind of insect.

And G1 Optimus Prime wasn't called "Optimus Truckamus" either, for that matter, even though he DID transform into a truck. This isn't even an argument.

Bob Forward and Larry DiTillo weren't working for Hasbro or Takara either. They were just sub-contracted. And Furman HAD written an episode for the show. Why does the show count for you, but not what a specific writer says?

Not an argument #2.

Wow, that's a big stretch. "Maximals" = "mammals"? How do you explain Fortress Maximus then?

"Using fanfic elements to argue against the official fictions"...

I'll never buy into this excuse. If you don't have much time, save what you have, then later re-read it and check for errors; then post it. It's not like you HAVE to post this before you go to work, right?

And what you cite as "canon" is still just a TV show. It's not Hasbro/Takara's TV show. But by Mainframe.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TFs change their names all the time when they get new alt modes. Bumblebee did it when he became Goldbug in tRoOP. Excillion became Exigeyser in Galaxy Force, and the other members of Vanguard team as well. Overhaul to Leobreaker.. etc etc.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Bumblebee didnt choose his new name though, prime just assigned it to him. what a dick.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I posted this a while back. Some of you may remember it, others may not. Hope those it's new to enjoy it.

10. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

:D  Hilarious.

11. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

I think the Cybertronian Predacons and Maxiamls were esentially Vehicons. i.e., smaller sized (compared to the Autobots and Decepticons)vehicles with robotic heads in their alt. modes.

And whatever Rattrap and Cheetor turned into before arriving on Earth weren't similar to their Transmetal forms, since those vehicle modes took "some gettin; used to."

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    cheetor likes speed, but had no idea to fly, so I'm guessing he was a race car of some type. I'd say rattrap was some kind of car (possibly a hover type?), because he adapted to his wheels almost immediately.

13. ShinMusashi44

Insulting another board member directly will result in a warning. Three warnings within 30 days results in a temporary ban. Recommendation? Don\'t insult people. - This message brought to you by the new warning system on the TFW2005 Boards

Nevermore
    Quote:
    And since they faction is called Maximals (mammals) don't you think they would have animal alt modes? Why would they call themselves Maximals and be vehicles?

Wow, that's a big stretch. "Maximals" = "mammals"? How do you explain Fortress Maximus then?

Wow, not to make you sound like an idiot and all but thats easy to answer. Fortess Maximus name is a play off of roman names. And maxiMALS is a play off of mammals. Why do you think all the first season maximals were mammals? It wasnt for no reason. Like 6 year olds knew that. My god!

14. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:

But the bad guys were called Predacons, like Predators. It's clear it was for 6 year olds. And they were mammals because they were warm blooded good guys. And bad guys were cold blooded. They clearly followed a stereotypical good guy/bad guy arch-type for kids.

15. A_U_T_O_B_O_T

A_U_T_O_B_O_T G1 Fan

That comic is gold, pure gold.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    you can disagree, and say that they're wrong, but it is NOT cool to call anyone here an idiot, or imply (as you did) that they are one.

17. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Well-Known Member

Airrazor would disagree with that.

18. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

Nothing very warm and cuddly about Dinobot, Cybershark or Claw Jaw either.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    So would dinobot. him being a former predacon was an invention of the show, and his toy bio made no mention of him ever NOT being a maximal.

20. ShinMusashi44

Haha, i did forget about her. But most people think birds are mammals anyways:D