yep I said combiners

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by brimsoldier59, Dec 12, 2010.

1. brimsoldier59

brimsoldier59 Well-Known Member

Has anyone said combiners yet. I love them and feel they are a staple in transformers and should be given a chance to punish autobots and destroyed in they end, because they're to strong to run away. But I think this is gonna be based on toy sales. So if the toys aint sellin there wont be combiners. There is only so much of the zombie or plain clone robot killing I can take.

2. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Nope no combiners, at least not Menasor. Someone around here posted a good point that back in G1 we got all the combiners and city bots because playsets were hot back in the day, these days I kinda get the feeling that Hasbro is just not interested in selling combiners (YES I know about the PCCs, you know very well by what I meant). At the very least we MIGHT get Devastator though.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

IIRC, Combiner tech exists in Prime continuity, but it failed.

4. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

Dealing with a Combiner might make for an interesting Season finale, wherein everyone must rally against said Combiner while Megs makes his final preparations for his Big Evil of the season's end.

However - I don't know how I feel about a combiner team who would stick around as part of the cast, because they never seem to get much development. Also Hasbro seems to be leaning towards the One leader bot with 4 drones thing which is... odd.
    To me anyway.

5. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I hope I never see combiners in Prime.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Computron for Prime 2011!

Seriously, I don't know, I guess we will see.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Doubtful, Prime's CGI makes creating new character bodies costly and time-consuming. For a typical 5-bot combiner, that's five whole individual Decepticons that are taken away. Heck, if anything the zombie armies proved that making entire legions of new models is impossible in a short amount of time with that kind of tech, since all the zombies looked the same more or less.

Which also makes Cliffjumper's return in any way seem more likley, because to simply create a unique model only to kill it off within two episodes seems kind of a waste of time unless they reuse it at a later point in time, even if it's only flashbacks or something like that.

It does? I don't remember hearing anything about that.

8. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

actually the PCC combiner concept could work well, but they might need to give the Drones weapons in vehicle mode. with only one real robot added they can develop character.

9. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Not half as much as Hasbro does. Or have we all forgotten that Hasbro explained how difficult it is selling combiners in toy lines? Not to mention combiners in a CG show would be...hard. Very hard.

Powered Core Combiners are as good as it's gonna get, folks. Better start learning to live with that.

10. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

True. And since the Decepticons already have an seemingly infinite army of Eradicon Drones, the combiner drones could be a certain type of Eradicon that can attach to the 'Leader' character to form the parts.

But I still don't see that sticking (for long anyway)

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Onslaught's bio says he was part of Shockwave's Combiner experiment, but Bruticus Maximus couldn't be controlled and all of his components were placed in stasis. The experiment was deemed a failure. It is also implied that Sideswipe destroyed the Combaticons' ability to combine.

12. KnightHawkke

Woll, you going to have to tell folks when your referring to WFC or Exodus, because most folks are not going to have any idea what your talking about.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Same continuity, so what does it matter?

14. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'd love to see combiners, not pccs or movie style, actual combiners with humanoid proportions and actual hands

15. KnightHawkke

Because there are more who folks who don't know, understand or care about that fact than do. (not arguing the merits or demerits there of, cause we both been up and down that road)

Just saying, your going to have to let folks know, or your going to be clarifying more often than not.

I'm just trying to save ya some work man.

16. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

It'd be cool to see. But I wouldn't expect to see it for awhile. Maybe a stroy arc for a later season.

Personally, I don't think they could really do many of the original G1 combiners without substantially updating them. I think out of most of them, Devastator is really still the only G1 combiner who's design actually stands up to the test of time.
    But even then, I'd imagine they'd probably still up date him, as well.

17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

IF we do it will probably be a season 2 or 3 thing, and probably an end of season event *or beginning of* and it might just be like the power core things too.

18. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Shockwave perfected it with the Devastators (yes plural, like ROTF hinted).

Needless to say, I'd love to see a Transformers homage to Lord of the Rings with the Autobots battling a herd of four-legged Constructicon combiners.

19. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

I'm sure that, should they decide to bring in a combination element of sorts, it'll be something similar to how RID Prime combined with his "trailer".

To be completely honest, I'm not sure the producers of the show understand what we mean by "combiners". The whole concept still seems to be sort of "Japan exclusive". We don't have the same animation "traditions" in the west, and the idea of 5-6 robots combining into one superior entity might seem a bit "alien" to most people.

20. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It's not a hard concept to grasp, like at all. I think the producers would feel insulted by your assumption, that's how simple a concept it is.