Customs: Yellow my Jetfire

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by megamus, Jun 2, 2007.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Actually this is a good idea.... like you said, yellowed/incomplete Jetfires go for cheap, so if you've already got one that's partially yellowed you might as well make an experiment out of it! Jetfire is a scientist.... I'm sure he would approve.

(It's quite different than the moron a couple months ago who posted all those youtube videos of himself destroying toys with drills and whatnot.)

Maybe you could take it apart, put some parts under a desk lamp for a few months, some parts out in the sun, and some parts in a lightless room..... then get back to us at the end of the term and let us know which yellowed faster, or if there was any discernible difference. You could take photos of the pieces at different stages, for comparison's sake. Heck, your findings could actually come in handy for people trying to KEEP their vintage figures from yellowing.

And once again, just as in the G1 series, Jetfire will have sacrificed his life for the common good. :) 

2. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Finally, someone who appreciates what I'm doing. Collectors have a hard time getting around damaging a vintage toy but like I said before, what am I gonna do with a partially discolored jetfire other than repaint him. I have 5 different repaints and have decided to try something different. Oh and by the way, a custom Sunstorm would be cool but not this time.