Year of the Snake Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by archieboy, Jan 21, 2013.

1. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

Omg! Lol!

[​IMG]

2. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    when is Amazon going to ship these...

3. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    March or April I do believe.

4. Compewtrawn

Ebay:
    You're joking...right?? how the hell are they that far behind???

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Amazon has no idea. I e-mailed them twice about it, and they simply have no idea.

So I cancelled my preorder with them.

6. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Got mine and its going with my chugs.

7. ^o^CORVUS^o^

Ebay:
    Customer-service would not know. When it comes to pre-orders, they see the dates when they hit the website.

[​IMG]

8. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    I think this is so much better than the Project X Genesis one.

9. ^o^CORVUS^o^

Ebay:
    It's certainly much cheaper! :)  I love them both, however, and I'm still going to try to get Genesis.

10. Compewtrawn

Ebay:
    They both look great and Genesis is accurate to a line...unlike YOTS which is a bunch of odd vehicles that somehow look good combined.

11. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I see that you swapped the little red handles on the front so they match. Much better. I grabbed a spare Omega Sentinel today and I'm in the process of dismantling it to see if I can parts swap what I want with Omega Supreme. I think I can pull it off and get rid of a bunch of the ugly red and some of the over the top gold. I'll post pics if and when I get it done.

12. ^o^CORVUS^o^

Ebay:
    I sure did. Good eye! And I think you and I are planning exactly the same thing. Swapping out the right-foot and shin perchance? :) 

I wrote a review and posted it elsewhere. I should post it here soon as well.

13. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I am indeed, plus a few other pieces. I'm tearing Sentinel apart to see exactly what I can and cannot change before I even order YOTD Omega. I'm more excited to tinker with him than I am to have a new Omega.

14. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is one of those situations where Big Bad has a real advantage over mass retailers/Amazon and that simply is that they do not have to report a fiscal year final performance to investors. All the major toy retailers including Amazon just had to report year end numbers and a major component of that is inventory. As a result of the company wide wanting to make their inventory number all purchases are delayed in to February. It's the same reason that when you go in to so many stores right now they're empty but at the same time you're starting to hear reports of new product arriving. My guess would be it won't be March or April on Amazon for OS to arrive, but more likely the end of this month.

I'm keeping my reservation with Amazon just because I used Discover cash back award to pay for almost half of him.

15. ^o^CORVUS^o^

Ebay:
    Good idea! :) 

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I love this toy WAY more than I should.

I have the original Energon Omega Supreme which I've always liked so I wasn't too worried but the remolded parts just make this a great G1 Omega update.

The head, yes, is small. It doesn't bother me at all, it fits him as a giant, hulking last line of defense. All muscle. It doesn't hurt that the head sculpt is perfect.

The new claw-arm had more articulation than I thought it would! I really thought the other arm not being remolded to look like the classic G1 cannon hand would bug me but I was surprised that it didn't. IMO it has plenty going for it without going that extra mile (though to be fair, it wouldnt have HURT to remold it as well).

The alt mode is definitely a big departure from G1 Omega Sumpreme's but since this toy goes with my Classic collection I don't mind a difference.

Overall I really do recommend this to anyone who wants a nice, chunky Omega Supreme that will fit in a Classics collection. It isn't 200% faithful to the original, but that's always been something I've liked about Classics. For the most part thet're UPDATES to the G1 characters not straight up design reuses with modern articulation.

17. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    The smaller head helps the illusion of scale. It's very common, when designing giant characters, to give them very small heads. It helps them look massive. The opposite is also true, small imp-like characters tend to have oversized heads.

18. ^o^CORVUS^o^

Ebay:
    So, will he make an appearance in your comic? :D 

19. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was wondering why walmart has been freaking blown out for a month...

20. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got this guy in a week or so ago and I'm pretty much loving how he looks with the exception of the train leg. I don't really like that they used 2 different reds (chest and leg).

The headsculpt is pretty cool though I must say. And being a redeco of an older design, you can definitely see how things have changed over the years. Had this figure been made from scratch today, he wouldn't be nearly as heavy, nor would he have the ratcheted joints he has now.

Very good quality. I'd really like to see reprolabels put something out to mask the red on the leg or at least break it up a bit, as well as break up some of the olive/gold on the guns, add some silver highlights here and there, etc.

Plus, it looks like Maketoys is going to be releasing an Add on kit for this to form a base mode...so that sounds interesting, though no pics have been released yet.