yeah! look what I got!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Mike, May 19, 2007.

1. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I remember playing with this when I was a little kid. I've seen lots of the base part, but never the little ships and guys with it.

[​IMG]

w00t for pre-school toy haul! the picture is kinda bad, its got no yellowing at all, such a nice bright white :)  good stickers too! missing a few parts, but ah well

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That one looks like a Battlestar Galactica fighter.

3. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    heh. I love hauls like this. I wish I could pick up some of the old toys I had as a kid but I don't remember any of the names (well besides the action figure toys I had :D  )

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You should burn it lol.

5. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Cool, I remember my playmobils

6. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I had one of those... I played the hell out of it... that one looks really nice!!!

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Nice haul. I'd like to pick up some MASK toys that I love but never got as a kid, just for nostalgic value.

8. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

oh man, I remember playing with that at a friends house when I was like, four. That things rocked so hard. congrats.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Woot! I remember that!

My little brother got it for Christmas one year... I was too old for it, but it was a really cool toy!

The whole design is pretty stylish, but the features make it. The circular working elevator with the sliding doors, the rotating radar and gun turret... (guns? On a playskool-age toy? Yep!). The vehicles were pretty sweet too. The little shuttle is neat, and the missile trailer with the missles that slide forward when you raise the launcher... very simple movement but very satisfying.

We also discovered that the playset is pretty much the perfect size for Battle Beasts. ;) 

Oh, from the picture, it looks like you're missing one vehicle... the bigger one. It's a boxy multi-wheeled moon-rover/truck thing. It has an open cockpit, but also windowed hatches on either side that open onto little computer consoles you can put the men in. It also has a little radar dish on top.

This brings back memories... I think ours eventually got destroyed by being left out in the yard too many times. :( 

zmog

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Time to smash it and make a video.

11. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I knew I was missing some stuff but I Wasn't sure what. There is suppose to be some kind of antenna that goes on top of the station, that im missing.

the truck you are talking about, I think there might be one more vehicle missing too, because everything is numbered
    02 the orange truck
    03 the missle truck
    05 the shuttle
    06 the station

the orange truck has a hole on the top/front, and looks like two small clips, so I think something attaches to the front of that, which would be number 01, and 04 is probably the large vehicle you are talking about.

I bought this at a yard sale on saturday, I remember the house I got it from, I may just go back and see if the lady can find the other parts

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I used to have one that was a boat and I played with it in the tub :lol  I loved those guys!

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yep. A large radar dish with a pivot joint in it as I recall.
    The peg hole in the front of the orange truck isn't for another vehicle, it's for a little peg-in grey gun... or maybe a camera or radar dish. I forget exactly, but it's just a little accessory. I don't think I ever knew what those clip things were for.

I had this sneaking suspicion that I was forgetting a vehicle, and I think I remember what it is now. I believe it's a small saucer ship, similar in size and colour to the little shuttle. I'm fairly certain it also had a red laser on it just like the ones in the turret. I don't remember if it had an open or closed cockpit though.

The set also came with 2 alien figures too... they were identical except one was blue and the other green, I think. They had no articulation at all, but could fit in the vehicles. They were kind of cute and muppet-like, and pretty non-threatening... except I think they were pointing one finger, which of course for me and my brother meant that these Martian suckers could fire death rays out of their hands. I mean, c'mon.... they're Martians after all, right? :) 

Hope you find more of the missing bits!

zmog

14. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    yeah, thanks for all the info! This will definatly help me out, and Im gonna go back and talk to the lady I got it from, with the descriptions of what is missing, maybe she can find them :) 

I'd love to complete this thing. and if not, its still a good set as is, when I have kids, they will definatly get to play with this