Yeah I fight like a girl.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Mar 16, 2017.

1. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

It's just me, but I'd probably hold off on calling her a feminist character until she starts bitching about the "wage gap" or how "video games are misogynistic".

• Like Like x 6
  2. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 toy only guy

I think another issue I'm seeing here, that could possibly be alleviated by this trailer bringing in more female fans...

...not a lot of actual girls are voicing their opinion on a matter about girls.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

gee, i wonder if its because the transformers fandom is composed of mostly fat male nerds....
    nah that can't be it.

4. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated G1'er!

News Credits:
    speak for yourself!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Armour Geist

Armour Geist Space Pirate

I am disappointed in the amount of sexism and misogyny in this thread, it really is really uncomfortable to read some of these posts...

• Like Like x 6
  6. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    TBH, i don't think most of them mean it. Half are hitting back at what they've mistakenly interpreted as some kind of ultra liberal free speech stifler, and the others are just trying to be cool.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Enma

Enma Well-Known Member

I liked her in the first trailer,but the second trailer looked like a comercial just for her ,I like strong female characters but not forced femminist propaganda.

8. Music

Music Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Maybe because it is a commercial just for her. It's stated on the official Transformers YouTube upload.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well, this turned into predictable fucking nonsense didn't it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I would say so.

A nice idea to start a thread to support an young child actress turned into something totally.......different.

Leave it to us.....I guess?

Meh.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. z580c

z580c Well-Known Member

FWIW I think all the movies would be 100% better with no humans, of any gender :D 

Gimme 2 hours at a time of giant robots transforming back and forth and beating the p*ss out of each other and I'll go see them a thousand times.

I can see why people are bothered by the "facing down Megatron" scene to a degree, because I feel like anyone ranging from an unarmed toddler to an armed to the teeth action hero super soldier (of any gender!) should be p*ssing themselves in fear given the same scenario. That's a killer death robot from outer space and all it needs to do is stand on you, it deserves a healthy amount of respect and wariness if not absolute abject terror.

If you hate it just because she's a girl though then yeah you're kind of a tool.

• Like Like x 1
  12. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Well-Known Member

I understand it's a younger person in the role, but still. It felt like a extreme feminist trailer instead of a Transformers trailer.

13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only problem with her is that the transformers should be the leads, not her. I couldn't care less about a young female being the lead, but I DO care that she's a lead in a movie called "TRANSFORMERS" and she's not one.

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Well-Known Member

Like it or not humans will always be the main focus of these films. They're even trying to make the Humans more relevant now, what with all the Humans and Transformers being so connected in the past and Cade supposedly being the Last Knight...

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    There's also the fact that a lot of TF series have humans playing major roles in some manner or another even Beast Wars did so.

16. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

You know that removing the humans doesn't automatically make it good right? The example I would like to point to is Combiner Wars. That series was a piece of garbage yet you see no human in sight in that series because it takes place on Cybertron. Humans are not the factor to making a good Transformers story; a good production team is what creates a good Transformers story. That includes the director, writer, animators, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  17. z580c

z580c Well-Known Member

Haha of course not, which is why I said "I think" instead of presenting it as an objective fact :) 

Considering the parts of the movies I personally enjoy the most are the pure visual spectacles(I could watch 90 minutes of just that short scene in the first movie of Starscream dogfighting the other F22's and be a happy man) they'd definitely be better in my eyes. They're ridiculous stories about imaginary robots that turn into things and fight each other, it's never gonna be Shakespeare whether there are humans involved or not.

18. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    No.

I can understand that.

Beast Wars?

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    ^^Yeah since BW involves time travel to the past and that humans despite being in a non main role did have episodes featuring them and even two of them which are kids became friends with the Maximals.

20. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 toy only guy

Except they wouldn't be giant robots without humans. In the Cybertron games and WFC/FOC, we don't have any sense of scale, of size, so the robots could all be the size of soda cans for all we know.

• Like Like x 3