Yeah I fight like a girl.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Mar 16, 2017.

1. lordcryotek

lordcryotek I've been eating blue things

It's weird to be reading this thread and then remembering that Michael Bay made Megan Fox wash his car to audition for the first movie...I mean, shit, why does a woman being proud of who she is piss some of these guys off so bad? I'm guessing it has something to do with being a sad, empty person. I dunno, the internet is a pretty revolting place sometimes.

• Like Like x 7
  2. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Majority of my generation had a crush on Sigourney Weaver :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Temenos

Temenos The Last Knight

Rosie was great since when? Haha. She was exactly what Bay was doing wrong with females in this franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree, I like Izabella character, I was a fan of her going up to Megatron and saying she wasn't afraid of him. I've hated that the previous 4 movies were based around love stories, Sam-Mikaela, Sam-Carly, Tessa-Shane, I like that this plot better, I got sick of seeing a love story in a TF movie. But definitely a fan of her character. Can't wait for June for this to hit theaters.

• Like Like x 5
  5. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

No it shouldn't, but that's what block/ignore features are for.

I'm pretty sure Shia's descent into madness goes a lot deeper than mocking/insults.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated G1'er!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the positive messages and conversation.

It's funny where the lines get drawn around here.

I want to say that this idea was in no way motivated by feminism, but its interesting that some would assume that, and even more interesting that they would seek to demonise it.

I'm not a feminist. I'm 100% centre centre. Equal rights for anyone who doesn't wish to impose on anyone elses rights. And no, before you get clever, Isabella is not being imposed on us against our will, it's a fucking movie. You have a right to not watch it.

This thread was simply to show that TF fans are not all like the people attacking isabella on her own social accounts, and by virtue of the content of those attacks it has incorporated a middle finger to those who specifically attacked her for being a girl.

Now i don't know if they really are sexist child haters, or whether it's just ammunition to attack the movies, but either way it's vile behaviour. Especially when's she just doing a job, and doing it well.

I love a good old bayformer trashing, but i draw the line at launching personal attacks to the cast and crew.

I'm not sure what hate was in my post, but if there was, the difference is I wasn't posting it on someone's twitter or facebook account.

Why label people? This is interesting behaviour, some people have ideas different to yours so you ridicule and give them a derogatory label. Why? In the hope they'll go away or maybe double down to make them easier to strawman into irrelevant lines of argument?

Good. At least you agree with the core point of the thread. thanks.

How dare you. If i cared what people thought about me, i'd have quit here a while ago. If there's any virtue signalling, it was on behalf of this forum as a whole, to the wider world.

But they do. Look around more.

The thing is. Raf is part of the least stigmatised demographic of humans. So no, he doesn't need a hashtag, don't be absurd. Also, noone is attacking RAFs facebook page. And RAF isn't real.

Feminazis. There we are again with the demonising.
    The hashtag was a goofy afterthought, i thought it might be sweet to pick up on the most prominent thing she said in the trailer, and use it.

But what do i know, I'm just a pig, it turns out.
    Well, it's your life.
    I didn't expect many people to TBH. But i'm glad some have.
    There is no problem with this. I'm not saying anything about people with this opinion.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to think like you but after seeing how it really is, I REALLY wanna talk about everything wrong with this statement. Of course that will derail the post and get it locked.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish more movie "haters" were like you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. CKPRIME

Your talking about women in the middle east, right? You can't seriously be talking about women in 1st world western countries.

10. CKPRIME

That's not a feminist issue, that's an everyone issue.

11. Uncrazimatic55

Uncrazimatic55 Well-Known Member

I think this forum has seen its fair share of threads on why so much emphasis on the military when the title of the movie suggests its supposed to be about alien robots.

12. ThatOneBot

ThatOneBot Member

YouTube:
    tbh, i dont really mind her yet. the tv spot featuring her was aired during the kca remember, and trailer 2 was an extended version of that. however, i do worry that this movie isnt gonna know the difference between "having a strong female role" and "rubbing it in your face". either way, i guess its an improvement over Michael bay exploiting woman every other scene. we havent seen moner wearing any skimpy clothing. i mean, shes 15, bay wouldnt go THAT low, right?...Right?

13. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    You just showed your hand.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Just playing the hand they dealt me.

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    No it wasn't.
    No mention of her FB page was made in your OP. Take a look:
    The core point of this thread was to establish an 'us fans' vs. 'those "fans"' - the word 'fans' being in quotes because maybe they aren't true fans?- negative climate to show the whole world (because apparently the whole world comes to TFW 2005?) how much better you are from 'them'.

So don't feign being offended when someone calls you on 'virtue signaling because not only is that established in the OP, but pretty much backed up when you said
    So other people can see. Yeah, that's virtue signaling. Just be honest and own it.

So you don't think you displayed your own hate? Calling others "ignorant idiotic sexists" is NOT love my friend. 'Love' is trying to identify the problem, understand and try to resolve.

So you don't get to question 'labels' like SJW or "demonization" like 'feminazi' when YOU YOURSELF labeled and demonized others by calling them "ignorant idiotic sexists".

Not do you get to proclaim yourself 'not feminist' or '100% Center / center equal' when you say it's ok to dislike RAF because he's male. Sorry, but not only is that feminist but heads into misandrist territory.

And you also know that you were not being called a pig; but if you were count yourself lucky because it's better to be called a pig than an ignorant idiotic sexist.

So please, for the love of God or whatever do not further manufacture outrage or drama and turn this community into Ghostbusters.
    Me and a lot of others here would appreciate it.

And this is the last I will reply to this thread because I don't wish to drag this community any farther down than it already has. So when everything I just said gets disregarded know that I figured it would. But there is another side and my naivety hopes it might be seen.

#ihategirls

Chris

• Like Like x 1
  16. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    This thread was made at the time the FB posts were coming to light, in direct response to them. Ok fair enough i should have actually mentioned FB in the thread, very convenient for you that i didn't though! I thought it was obvious and most other people seemed to make the connection. But I guess it's wrong to presume prior knowledge, sure.

What's "true" fan got to do with anything? Hitler might of been a truer fan of vegetarianism than me. I still think i have the moral edge over him.

But then, isn't everything we say on here virtue signalling? Aren't you signalling your opinions right now to show how clever you are? Is your sig about Rey virtue signalling about how "above it all" you are then?

No, but i'm only using those terms because the things they said were ignorant, idiotic, and sexist. I'm sure if I met them in real life they're probably quite nice, but all i got to go on is those comments. I'm sure you and I could find our middle ground on this topic in about 30secs if we met face to face.

So, I do.

But that's not true. You invented the RAF factor. Show me the people that are hating on RAF specifically because he's male, and i'll decide how i feel about it.

I didn't manufacture anything. You've twisted this into a drama because you're still bitter that you (and people in general) weren't allowed to hate ghostbusters because a few people said you were being misogynistic. Well this is not Ghostbusters. Ghostbusters was shit
    because it was shit, in fact it was 2 of the females in it that saved it from being an even deeper level of shit. I know that, you know that. The trailer showed us how shit it was. Some people homed in on the women, they were wrong, but most just homed in on the shitness, they were right.

Are you virtue signalling about how you stand up for people's opinions by bringing up ghostbusters in every thread and post on this subject?

Stop it. This is nothing like ghostbusters.

Thanks.

Of course i see all sides of this. If we were to speak in a place with less rules we'd see eye to eye soon enough, probably.

From the start, this was a friendly thread against abusive threatening behaviour. I hope you understand that.

• Like Like x 2
  17. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

Yea this is nothing like ghostbusters cause transformers is gonna be a good movie :lol 

18. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Well, better at least. ;) 

19. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

I think the last knight will blow my expectations away and they could not be higher.

20. ThatOneBot

ThatOneBot Member

YouTube:
    dont push it.

• Like Like x 1