Yay for some positive things!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by adamid4, Apr 17, 2010.

1. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

I have been in only a few movies where the audience got up and clapped, the notable ones I remember were the Dark Knight and Revenge of the Fallen.

The forest fight has to be one of the best fights in cinematic history.

Every line Megatron says was Hugo Weaving awesomeness.

John Tuturro was actually a good guy for this movie which made him far more likable, I really hope hes in the 3rd.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Agreed, the forest fight was excellent, and it was the first thing I tested once I got the new TV set up in HD. Wowed my brother with it.

Also agreed, Hugo Weaving is great casting for Megatron, he brings the right amount of power and fury to the character's voice.

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    the audience at my midnight showing was great. the whole crowd loved every minute of the movie, and clapped at the end. it was a really great experience.

and yeah, the forest fight gets me EVERY time. the first time seeing that on screen i was laughing and saying HOLY SHIT! out loud a bunch.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    As with both movies, the CGI was spectacular. for the most partthe TFs looks completely real. And the forrest battle was incredible. That and the opening scene in Shangahi were by far my two favorite parts of RoTF.

5. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

The forest fight really has that summer action bluckbuster feel. And I clapped at the end.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The forrest fight really was great...very planned out, up to the last detail on Primes face as it continues to receive more and more damage.

7. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

I think ROTF is the only movie I've been to where people clapped at the end.

Yes the forest fight and pretty much every action sequence in these movies are fantastic (though I think the weakest one was Bumblebee vs. Barricade)

The CGI is fantastic too.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The forest battle is an excellent example of what battles should be like in the film franchise. The lighting was good so get a great look at the characters and the background. The camera is pulled back enough so you don't feel like you are missing any of the action yet still close enough that you feel right there in the thick of the battle. The fight choreography had a wonderful flow to it that felt right up there with some of the great Hong Kong action films. Most importantly the fight was not one sided so until the end of the fight it felt like either side could win. Really grabbed you as a viewer not knowing if Prime was going to be able to fight his way out of this one of not.

You might want to throw Prime out of the plane in China to list of positive elements. A great example of just how far CGI has gone when you look at how the light plays off of Prime and how the camera follows Prime to the ground. Perhaps the best example of what Bay can be as a film maker when he gets his framing, lighting, pace, and everything else just right.

People clapping at the end of a movie is a pet peeve of mine though. Not if the director, actor, writer, or someone else involved with the film is in the audience. Perfectly fine to get up and clap like it was a play if the film crew is there.

But when it's just your fellow average Joes there I just want to jump up and start slapping them like I was Moe Howard for being so stupid. I've had it happen at quite a few movies and I just feel like I'm surrounded by the dumbest people on Earth. Just feels like our entire culture has just been flushed down the toilet when fools can't seem to grasp the difference between plays and movies because most of them haven't been to a play since their kindergarten play.

9. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To frame this in a positive way; I think the character's voice was much improved in ROTF. I could actually tell that it was Hugo Weaving behind it and the way he speaks just made it all the better.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Absolutely. They definetly improved with Weaving for ROTF. The first film was just roaring through a heavily processed voice. Here, he just sounds angry and badass, but intelligent as well.

I don't think I need to elaborate on the Forest Fight: its incredible, powerful, and absolutely to the extreme badass. Here, this Optimus Prime shows what he's capable of besides being the nice leader.

Turturro is definetly better in this film... just don't ask him about his underwear.

11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Let's really just have one topic that discusses what we liked about the movie. I'd really like that.

The forest battle made me legitimately proud to be a Transformers fan, and Prime getting thrown from the plane was too awesome for words. I remember just sitting in my seat when that happened and being unable to fathom how the movie could get any better. I mean... it didn't... but you know...

I loved the dialogue between Starscream and Megatron. In a way, they were almost narrators of the story, and a few quick lines of banter here and there made me see their characters more. Actually, Starscream's voice in general was absolutely amazing.

Turturro was another fantastic character who really took what he was doing seriously- he had a lot of great deliveries and I was kind of scared he was going to die when the music swelled and he whispered, "Remember what I did for my country". He didn't. Which made me happy.

And of course, Jetfire. The movie gave us a fantastic, quirky character in the form of Jetfire and I think he deserves an action figure of epic proportions in order to contain his awesomeness.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It seemed like Weaving had a greater emotional range for Megatron in Revenge of the Fallen. Instead of only seeing Megatron in the thick of the action scenes we got to see him in slower scenes of the film. Really gave him the chance to show off just what sort of voice acting he brings to the role.

It was really nice to hear what Weaving's intelligent, evil, scheming bastard Megatron sounded like. While a bit different than other voices we've heard for the character it still managed to capture just what you'd expect out of a character named Megatron.

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Yeah, who doesn't get wowed the forest battle, even so long after the movie has been released. I will love it for ever

14. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

The Shanghai battle in the beginning was very exciting seeing it on the big screen after months of speculation

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    :lol  I did the same thing. That fight was just amazing.

Oh God yes. His Megatron voice has to be one of my favourites.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    The Power up Prime scene is awesome, even if it's too short :(  (and doesn't make alot of sense maybe)..I got goosebumps there!

Prime driving out of a plane = badass.

Bike sisters = badass.

The shot where the Autobots are rolling out on the highway while Sam is attacked = badass.

The part in the warehouse = badass.

17. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

The forest battle was amazing.

Other awesome things:

-Ironhide's transformation in Shangai - loved seeing my favorite TF transform up close.
    -Lennox getting Galloway off the plane - that whole scene cracks me up.
    -Bumblebee fighting Rampage and Ravage

18. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I loved Prime, everything he did was awesome. :D 

:sly2:  It was good dude, but not that good.

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People freaked out and cheered when Prime dropped out of the plane and kicked ass at the theatre I went to.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Same here. It was pretty much just a load of awesome dropped right on our laps.