yay finals time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, May 3, 2009.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whee. I've got finals this week. 2 comprehensive and 2 are just last tests. I did some figuring on points and all. It is like this

Management: Right now I got a mid B. I could get a 50% on the last test and still get a B. Yet depending on my participation points (which is 6 pts for each day missed subtracted from 200) I could get a 90% and possibly get an A. But that is highballing the participation. I think I missed 2-3 classes, but may have just missed just 1. if it was 3 then not even a 100% would make it an A. Non comprehensive final.

Marketing: Another strong mid B. No participation points for this. But again I could make a 50% or so and STILL get a B, but no chance at an A with 100%. It would put my at 88-89% Non comprehensive final.

Survey of Calculus: Again strong mid B. with all my quizzes and midterm I got a 507/600 points so far. That is about 85%. Final is 200 points. I can make 133/200 on the final and still get a 80%. That is about a 66%. I can get a 50/200 and still get a C. This is comprehensive so I need to finish making my study guide and do some problems, but I think I can get it down for Tuesday.

Macro Economics: This is the one class I'm not sure on where I stand. It is a curved class. If I'm ahead of the curve I get a B or A. If I'm on or below I get a C or D. I've done fairly good. My average is about a B. One test everyone did poorly on. Average was a 66% or so. I got a 70% and had a B. Was ranked 25/75 between the classes. Another I was in the middle and the second test I was 9/80. My average is about an 80% while the class average average (average using all averages) is about a 73%. I just need to study all day wed for it so I'm ready on Thur.

Anyone else taking finals? How you all doing in your classes?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've been working on my Final papers for about a week now. Horrible horrible experience. In my school anything below a B is failing. I guess it's the same in all grad schools? That is what I heard anyway.

Here is my stack of textbooks for the year lol. And I read almost every page of everyone of them.
    [​IMG]

I got straight A's on my midterms this semester, and last semester I got an A- as a final grade in every class I took.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Just one six page paper due on Thursday as I've been knee deep in Thesis research for the semester.

4. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

Not really finals but, just last week we finished state testing.
    I did horribly on the Math test. Every single answer but four were wild guesses. I'm a dumbass.

5. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

My final is in on the thirteenth. I just took American Lit this semester, and I'm gonna take some time off and work with my Dad a while afterwards. No mun, no fun.

6. TheMonarch

TheMonarch Still arching Venture

News Credits:
    Just finished a website project, a six panel design project, a piece for Ad. Structural drawing, and a paper for Contemporary Lit. I still have 4 final projects, 2 final Structural drawings, a Lit presentation, 2 essays, and 2 final exams in the next two weeks. Luckily, I've already completed all of the work I need to do for Marketing, I've got an A and I'm not obligated to take the final exam (great professor).

It looks like this semester's going to be 5 As (maybe one A-).

7. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

Finals where last week and all I have to show for it is a chest cold. Am so glad it's done with, though summer school starts in a week. It never ends.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Calculus: No final.

Desktop Publishing: Not worried, get to have the programs open to aid me.

Creative Writing: Writing a reflection on the poetry unit, did some crazy stuff these past couple of weeks, should be fun.

Teacher Aid: No final.

Advisory: No final.

Psychology 2: Only one I need to study for, not terribly worried though.

BOY IT PAYS TO BE A SENIOR!

9. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

Two weeks ago I had my third test for chem.

One week ago was my third test for Cal.

This week was my lab exam, then finals for both Cal and chem.

Yay for sleep deprive!

10. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I think my tests count as finals.

Finished Math last week, which is good. I hate math, but I feel pretty confident. I know I didn't utterly fail, at least.

English this week. SO EASY so far. Science & History next week... I don't think I've ever taken finals in these two subjects. o.0

11. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sociology, Algebra and American Lit are already out of the way, just have Geology left then i'm done for the Semester. Yay!

12. jqciaomama

jqciaomama LD Master

Ebay:
    Man, Finals really suck. I got two down and two to go. Here's what's going on right now:

System Analysis final grade = A

Business Calculus final grade = A

Operating Systems Management, need a 51 on final to get an A

Oracle DB Programming, need a 75 on final to get a B

Oh, and by the way, the review for Oracle consists of 1,600 questions. WTF!!!

13. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Had my Management test the other day. Knew it real well. I know I got at least a B in that course. Got Calculus in about 5 hours. I know it fairly well. taking a break for a bit then going back over it more. I know I'll know it well enough by test time to get a B in the course.

14. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just took a midterm for a climatology class...I am on the quarter system (10 weeks long plus finals week). Final exam is not until mid June.

15. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well I just checked and I got an A in management. I got extra participation points or something to bump it up to a 90%. And I just found out I got a B in Calculus. Two classes down. Two to go.

I did some estimation and I could get a 51% on my marketing test and still get a B. I'm not worried. Now to get a B in Macro Economics tomorrow.