Yamato's Macross Zero VF-0S!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by pinoy78, Apr 25, 2006.

1. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

2. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

holy moly, i wish i had the money to get one of thsoe guys. *drool*

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm, guess i have to pay my import shops a visit later...:D 

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He looks awesome with the leg armor.

Would like to have one of those stands that guy was using.

5. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    That looks awesome...

6. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

man that mold would definatly make me start collecting these figures if only i had some damn money :cry . Anywya the head looks awsome and i love the wingspan on it, very kool figure

7. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Oooh boy, must have!

8. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Damn. Like I don't have enough expensive toys to get this year. But my Macross collection has been feeling neglected lately. And this would make a fine, FINE addition.

DAMN YOU WALLET! DIE! DIE DIE DIE!

9. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

That's nifty. And I like this smilie they they've got over there. [​IMG]

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

can anyone tell me a few things about this?

1. how is yamato's quality? I've got the two mechs from macross plus, and love the design, even though they're a bit fragile.

2. why is it called -OS? is this like a "masterpiece" vf-1s, or is there an actual vf-os in some manga/anime?

3. is this designed by the same person that did the design for the upcoming masterpiece starscream?

4. is there any additional armor/fast packs coming out for this?

I think I know what I'm asking for for my birthday ;) 

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    1. I've had no issues with Yamato's valkyries... They're just plain awesome...

2. It's VF-0S because it's the precedent to the VF-1 valkyries that came later... The VF-0S was pretty much the prototype valkyrie fighter in Macross Zero... Roy flew it... And later when the VF-1's get produced, he flies the VF-1S...

3. Don't think it's the same person since the competition for toys is so great in Japan that I'd highly doubt TakaraTomy and Yamato would share a designer... I could be wrong though...

4. No word about fast packs or armor... Just the leg armor that comes with the figure...

With that said, DAGNABBIT I WANT ONE!!!:banghead: 

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The VF-0S is from Macross Zero. It's a somewhat more primitive version of the Vf-1 built because the nuclear enginers for the VF-1 weren't ready yet. The VF-0 is noticeably bigger than the VF-1.

Yes, it was designed Shoji Kowamori.

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I wish they'd make an zero D

14. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I want a VF-2SS, in the 1/100 range. It'll never happen, though. :( 

15. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

waiddaminute, what's a vf-2 look like?

16. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Depends on the VF-2, but both were based on the VF-1, just pushed more towards the sci-fi. They're from Macross2, which isn't considered to be canon. Kowamori pitched a fit, that they made a Macross, without his input.

17. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    There's also the VF-3000 right???

18. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Yamato's quality is better than it used to be. I'm a big Macross fan and I frequent macrossworld.com where we talk about this stuff a lot. They're stuff is generally fragile in nature and you may end up with a loose limb or a minor stress mark after a few transformations but other than that I haven't heard anything much recently. The worst cases of "bad QC" were actually just poor design choices but thats largely been corrected since the early Mac Plus fighters.

2. The VF fighters are a series that ranges, with a few skips, from VF-0 (the first one) to (VF-22). YF designated fighters are prototypes. So far Yamato has made toys of the VF-0, VF-1, VF-11, and VF-19 as well as the YF-19, YF-22, and VB-6 in various different scales. The letters designate some particular model of the VF. The VF-1 figures come in a variety of different models which to the naked eye can be identified by the robot mode head and sometimes the color scheme. The S variant is for the squad leader.

3. This toy IS designed by the same person as MP-03 Starscream. Shoji Kawamori is his name and he's a renowned mecha designer in Japan. He wrote and designed for all of the Macross series (except Macross 2).

4. So far there is no word on additional armor parts for this one, though in the anime the fighter did sport two additional armor sets at one point or another. One set is a heavy robot mode armor that almost covers the bot from neck to toe. The other set was actually a few weapon pods and a big arse booster that mounted on the fighters back. Again, you can find a model kit of it but so far Yamato hasn't made any mention of releasing the armor. If Yamato does come out with the armor later, their usual method is to release it as a set bundled with a fighter and also as a set that you can purchase by itself. Nowadays their armor sets will almost certainly be backward compatible with this fighter if they do release one.

If anyone really really wants to buy one of these or are interested in seeing what other people say about them, visit www.macrossworld.com. The guys over there are freaks, some of them will own as many as 12 of this guy just for the sport of it. No joke. And also, they're all really nice people.

19. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a VF-3000, yeah. Off the top of my head there are VF -(0, 1, 2, 4, 9, 11, 14, 16, 17, 19, 22, 3000, 5000) plus additional varients within each of those. There's also lots of random stuff under different designations like VA, VB, YF, ect...

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:

The design of the VF-0 is Kawamori, but the actual design and engineering of the toy was done by Nishikawa(FLEX) and SOLID. Some designers work freelance, its something to keep in mind, the guy who did the 1/48 VF-1 FAST pack sculpting was a bandai Gundam MG(Master Grade) sculptor.