Yamato's 1/15 Bubblegum Crisis Motoslave

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Vangelus, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak Genom's Finest...

Yea, i was wondering about that, if they were the same size and all.

I guess this is a good scale of what it looks like (yes, this is me with short hair a couple of months ago):
    [​IMG]

Unless Alteir Sai priss can ride the motoslave like those midget speed bikes, but that would look ******ed, like the people who ride them...

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I want 12inch BBC figures.

3. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    It looks good... Bubblegum Crisis... I'll have to look into that to see what it is.

4. ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak Genom's Finest...

FINALLY, GOT MINE IN!!!

Gotta say, i spent a good hour trying to work on the bike movements and such, there is a 30 some instruction booklet that comes with this thing, its not easy at all.

But, heres what i got:

[​IMG]

Man, ... shes a beaut...

5. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aoshima Model

I had bought one of the Priss/Motoslave Aoshima kits some time back, and finally got around to building it yesterday. I'm not done yet, I still have some adjusting and fixing to do, putting the decals on the Priss figure, and painting.

Overall the kit was pretty hard - I'm not much of a kit builder, though I've built several Gundam kits in the past. This one was a lot of repetitive builds, lots of tiny pieces and instructions were spotty at best. There were several instances where I didn't know if I had to attach in a piece or glue it in, and as a result I had to re-do a few steps.

The Priss figure looks good and it's about 6" or so high, but it's pretty loose and floppy in the waist/hips, chest and head. I think I may redo some of her joints with a bit more glue rather than the rubbery joint pieces, but it depends on what range of motion I need for the bike and the robot modes. I'd rather that she fit on both modes well and look good than be able to hold a pose on her own, it's not really meant to be a 'toy' after all.

The Motoslave kit is a bit better now that it's all built, I like the metallic red that is liberally used in the fairing pieces, and the bike mode holds together well enough. I'm a little annoyed at how much of a partsformer it is, there are several pieces that swap in and out for either mode, but I'm sure I'll figure out some way to include them all. It looks good in both modes, and holds a pose reasonably well.

The version I got came with a long machine gun that looks nice, but I can't seem to figure out how to attach it to the bike mode. It may not be made to do that, in which case I'll probably have to figure out a fix.

Instead of brush painting, I bought some gold and silver accent paint markers that I'll be using for detail work, Priss needs several accents, but I probably won't paint her as much as is shown in the instructions. The metallic blue looks nice, just needs some detailing.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the kit, and now that I see how the Motoslave transformation works, I'm pretty happy with this version and not getting too many more or different iterations of the same set.

Tim
    "toy geek"