Yahoo Store Problem

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by alecgates15, Mar 1, 2008.

1. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    I bought an Alt Smokescreen from here, and I didn't get an email confirmation. So today I sent an email to them. Problem is I got this as a response
    "
    This is the Postfix program at host mailforward104.store.mud.yahoo.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
    below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

<toysandcomicsemail@yahoo.com>: host e.mx.mail.yahoo.com[216.39.53.1] said: 554
    delivery error: dd Sorry your message to toysandcomicsemail@yahoo.com
    cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102].
    - mta390.mail.re4.yahoo.com
    Reporting-MTA: dns; mailforward104.store.mud.yahoo.com
    Arrival-Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:40:29 -0800 (PST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; toysandcomicsemail@yahoo.com
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host e.mx.mail.yahoo.com[216.39.53.1] said: 554
    delivery error: dd Sorry your message to toysandcomicsemail@yahoo.com
    cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102].
    - mta390.mail.re4.yahoo.com

Date: February 29, 2008 8:40:19 PM PST
    To: contact@toysandcomicsexpress.com

I recently bought an item on 2-28-08 and am inquiring about a tracking number. What is the tracking number for item #3002?

"

Did I get jipped? Did they go out of business or something and forgot to close down the site?

2. alecgates15

News Credits:
    Any help. Please?

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Dude, you posted at 1AM and only waited 40 minutes to get a reply? Relax, bro... even TF fans gotta sleep sometime.

I'm afraid I have some bad news for you--it appears the toysandcomicsexpress site has been shut down for about 2 years now, per a post in this thread:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9546

The price they're selling an Alt Smokescreen for should've been a red flag warning for you. It's a couple years out of date for a MISB Alt Smokescreen. Also, they don't offer any product description details--you don't know if you'd be getting a loose or boxed one. Mint in opened box Alt Smokescreens sell on ebay for that much.

Try finding a seller here in the Junkion Exchange forum. Much higher chance of getting your purchase as described and for a decent, market-value price.

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Wow, that's one shady website - I didn't see a description for Smokescreen, like if it's complete, broken, etc. IMO, a risky buy.

Anyway, I found this in a whois search: toyandcomicexpress@yahoo.com I can't guarantee it will work, but try it out.

5. alecgates15

News Credits:
    :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  I paid yesterday, know how to cancel the order?
    Edit: "Dude, you posted at 1AM and only waited 40 minutes to get a reply? Relax, bro... even TF fans gotta sleep sometime." T'was only 10 when I posted
    Edit 2: Read that thread Voiceroy, so does that mean it wasn't charged to my Dad's credit card? Shoulda trusted my Dad on this one. D'oh!!

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Still, expecting a swift reply even at 10PM on a Friday night... aren't most TF fans out partying or something?

Yeah, Dads usually have good instincts that when it comes to bad deals--I know mine does.

According to what that guy posted in that thread, you won't be charged. But tell your dad to keep an eye on his credit card statements. If it ever comes up and you do get charged, you can dispute it with the credit card company or bank as fraudulent and get it removed.

I wouldn't sweat it though, waiting to see if you get charged. The site really does look dead--most of the toys shown there are described as "new" and yet they're two years old and older. Also, a clear sign that their Yahoo Store is inactive is that they don't show up in the store list here: http://shopping.yahoo.com/stores/sd.html

Nothing under "T" for this dealer, and nothing comes up in search for the name of their store either.

Please consider taking my advice and buy from one of our friendly TFW neighborhood sellers on the Junkion Exchange.

I even did you the favor of searching for "Smokescreen" on the Sale/Trade forum, and Ruination04's selling one and he's got 4 pages of positive feedback here.