yahoo japan auction helP

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by wheeljaxx, Mar 21, 2007.

1. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

anyone here able to bid on Yaho japan auctions?
    there is something i want, but am unable to get it.

PM if you can help, and i'll send you the link. i can pay imediatly with paypal.

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Not familiar with services like Rinkya and the like? Taking that route means you can do it yourself.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
  4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

shopping mall japan is asking for a deposit, and frankly, i'm not familiar enough with any of these 3rd party services to just give my paypal and credit card info to anyone, and not be guarenteed to get what i want. if it was a BIN, sure, but it's still in th ebidding stages... i think.. i can't seem to read it, and i'm on a macintosh, so the translator doesnt seem to load.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

hmm, this wouldn't be a liokaiser, would it? :p 

6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Rinkya I can vouch for. They do ask for deposit, but if at any time you want to cancel, you can get it back. That's how I got my BT-17. Good luck!

www.rinkya.com

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I use Celga, the fees are cheaper and there's no deposit (at least there wasn't when I signed up :)  ) I have my own bidder ID and everything with them has been awesome :) 

www.celga.com

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm with Celga, too - and they do usually ask for deposits from new users until you're a regular customer or you have Celga Gold, like DC mentioned.

9. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

so any of you who are established, and know what to do, any chance to help me out. i could probably figure out how to do it on my own, but it woould mean me paying a $60 fee, and stumbling around blind figuring out what to do. i'm not even sure the deposit gets used toward my bid, and i can't afford to pay for both.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Is this a good route to acquiring Japanese G1? I have a hefty want list from Masterforce and Victory.

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least w/ Rinkya, the deposit you place when setting up your account basically allows you to bid up to a certain amount. Example, you put a deposit down of $20 and it allows you to bid up to $200 (I think). The deposit is made w/ your credit card, but your card isn't actually charged...they just check to make sure you have those funds available. So you're not actually exchanging any money when placing a deposit on your account. Hope that clears things up a bit.

I can't vouch for the other services people have listed, but Rinkya is very easy. Once you set up your account (really no different than setting up an account w/ any on-line vendor) you can use their preset searches for Transformers. When using Rinkya's browser, you'll notice a large bid now icon. You simply place in U.S. dollars your bid amount and place your bid...just like eBay. You'll know if you are the current high bidder after doing so. Then, just like eBay keep an eye on the auction b/c local Japanese bidders often wait until the last few minutes to place their bids too.

I'd say you're better off choosing one of the companies and setting up your own account. You can always find HTF TFs on Yahoo! Japan auctions and occassionally you can get some great deals. I haven't bought much lately, but I did manage to get a complete MIB Hellbat, Liokaiser, Drillhorn, loose & complete Jargua for around $150 (before fees + S&H to the US). I also got a nice MIB Sonic Bomber for $45. It can get tricky trying to bid on stuff on someone else's behalf so just sign yourself up. Once you do you'll be glad you did as you'll find lots of cool stuff...although you're wallet/credit card may hate you!

12. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

It's a mixed bag... some of those toys are just as in demand in Japan as they are in the U.S, on top of that you're competing with other American collectors using third party bidding services. On some things, it could easily end up costing you as much as eBay, maybe more once you're done with fees and shipping costs.

It can be pretty good for picking up JP exclusives in loose lots though.

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya like Optimus Scourge and others, I used Rinkya to pick up my BT- Black Convoy. I found them pretty easy to use and had no problems, pretty much from sign up till arrival took all of two weeks.

Will have to look into these guys too one of these days.

14. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:

Me too. Rinkya provides great service.

15. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I've used Rinkya a number of times without any problems. Plus the items are well packed when shipped to you.

16. Colorflash

Colorflash European Variant

Er, if you would ask one of us to bid through a deputy service, I suspect you'd have to pay the fee anyhow, because we too need to pay the fees.

As for Shopping Mall Japan, very good service, especially if you are outside the US or don't have a creditcard.

17. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    rinkya is a bit more expensive as you pay for shipping in japan and shipping to usa where as SMJ ships it to usa so you have a cheaper rate.