Yahoo.com: 10 most confusing things in ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jericho, Jun 30, 2009.

1. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

It would be really nice if we could have a thread that organizes all the typical questions encountered, and their proposed answers (probably with a "best answer" like yahoo answers).

People I think are so angry on both sides, that a purely informational thread would become filled with commentary and arguments about quality, or whether the questions should have to be answered at all etc.

I liked the movie, and I would like for it to make as much sense as possible for my own enjoyment if all it cost me was a little thought and a little reading.

2. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

Why did Devastator suck so much stuff?

3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Eh, whatever... i too had my picky moments. But Transformers = NOT SUPPOSED to make one lick of common sense. Duh. :lol  :D 

4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Very true, but people point out plotholes with EVERY movie. ROTF isn't any different. The only reason it seems like more is because we're reading every review. The movie isn't getting persecuted anymore than any other movie.

Oh, and the biggest plothole in TDK is the whole "Gordon fake death-Batman deciding to quit because of Gordon's death-they use Dent as a bait to capture Joker" bit. Massive plothole.

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    teh ice keppt him fresh duhhhh

Yeah. People list problems for every single movie on IMDB.com. Same website pretty much has a "WORST MOVIE EVER!!" thread for every individual movie ever released too. ROTF is just the ass our heads are stuck in right now so that type of stuff is being magnified.

I usually don't let minor plot things bother me but I feel ROTF has a whole lot of them, especially the reasoning behind the revenge (and thus the whole film) story. There's so many damn stars in the universe. All this crap because The Failing had a hard on for our one specific sun and had a falling out with his brothers over it? It seems so silly :( 

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  6. smkspy

Popsicle Megatron...refreshing for those hot summer days.

7. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

A big difference between the Hangover and TDK/ROTF is that one of those movies is supposed to be a ridiculous comedy where absurd and unexplainable happenings surround the main character. In case your wondering, it isn't The Dark Knight that I'm talking about.

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I have never seen a Top 10 Movie Mistakes list front-paged on Yahoo.com for a singular movie. I have to disagree; this movie is getting picked apart more than most movies do. There has even already been an article highlighting how significant it is that the movie is so popular, yet got completely destroyed by critics.

Just to clarify - I used those movies as examples of films that critics absolutely loved, yet still had mistakes on par with ROTF (and went unnoticed or unhighlighted).

9. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

If I showed you a red blip with Jetfire on it, what city would you say it is in?

Looks like the Washington DC area. No one knows what the hell RESTON VA is.

[​IMG]

Go look at the floor plan. It is the same as the movie:
    National Air and Space Museum - Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center Floorplan

If he is too lazy and stupid to do minimal googling to verify his story, then it is hard to take this writer or his comprehension skills seriously.

10. smkspy

Yep, and you go to any forum that has a thread dicussing a movie, and what do people do?...They point out plotholes and things they don't like about the movie lol.

11. smkspy

I wouldn't call a small box at the box of the scene excessive highlighting. It's part of the site, and that is link. It isn't like this takes up half the front page and they're saying "Hey come read all the plotholes to ROTF!" I see lists like this all the time on the front page for Yahoo, EW, and many many different inconsequential "entertainment" websites. Not really that much of a big deal. And one article commenting on what is reviewed as subpar movie being a hit, again, I say big deal. Of course, someone somewhere is gonna comment on this...though i would like the link if you have it.

Why take this seriously to begin with? It's really nothing more than a glorified blog. People are acting like this guy is submitting an article for the National Review. It probably took him a whole ten minutes to type this up.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe he was, in a roundabout way. In TF1, Megatron is trying to get the Allspark. In RotF, Sam gets the map to the (general) location of the Tomb of the Primes and the sun harvester from the Allspark. Ergo, it makes sense to conclude that Megatron wanted the Allspark because it contained the map to the location of the Matrix and the harvester. Note that in TF1, Megatron himself never explicitly states why he wants the Allspark, AFAIK; the Autobots just assume he wants it to animate Earth's technology. That's a logical assumption on their part, especially since the Autobots apparently didn't know about the whole Fallen/Matrix/harvester thing, but it was just an assumption.

Stuff like this makes me wish they'd used the backstory set up in IDW's Defiance Prequel. It didn't completely explain all the plotholes, and some of the retcons were awkward, but it made a lot more sense than the implicit and explicit backstory in the movie.

13. Orochi_Rockman

Orochi_Rockman Well-Known Member

Most of those are valid questions that just point out the sloppy writing. The Secretary of Defense did give a press conference in the first movie telling the world about the decepticons. So what did he do? Go on the air and try to brush it off as a "senior moment" ? The geography thing does bother as well.

I'm glad the movie is making money, that's good for the franchise as a whole I just wish the writers strike hadn't caused the script to be so half-assed.

14. polystyleneman

polystyleneman Well-Known Member

But his point is still valid. The Air & Space Museum at Dulles airport does not sit adjacent to the plane graveyard in the middle of the desert. So the writer doesn't "fail" at all. He was merely confused about which Air & Space location they were at.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Here's the link to the thread on TFW2005 discussing it. Article link is in the first post.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-movie-discussion/244505-ouch-transformers-sequel-would-far-worst-reviewed-400m-movie-ever.html

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    some of his points are quite valid. others, though, can be expained fairly easily.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I just love it when there is something new to stir up the hornets nest.

Hey at least he didn't ask the question of after 2 movies we only have one confirmed dead and stay dead Autobot but a crap ton of dead Decepticons, so how in the heck could the Transformers war last more than a few years at that rate of Autobot to Decepticon deaths? Seems like the war should have ended long ago if the Decepticons are the only ones dieing.

18. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

'Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen' Breaks $400M

‘Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen’ Breaks $400M

Michael Bay’s Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has now taken $418M worldwide at the box office and doesn’t appear to be slowing down.

Of course, the real heat isn’t so much in the box office as it seems to be on the internet where reviewers worldwide are under attack for their less than glowing reports about the film. Since the vast majority of reviewers are referring to the film as a travesty whilst the box office is exploding, many people are claiming this is a sign that critical opinion is not reflective of what people really want to see.

Chris Phillips, creator of MTV series Mighty Moshin’ Emo Rengers, is one such reviewer who wrote a poor review of the film that has divided opinion. In light of recent events, this is what he had to say:

“I’d written a rather critical review of Transformers 2 on my facebook blog, which a few friends had read, and it seemed to divide opinion. I’d say roughly 70% of people agreed it was a terrible film, but then unbelievably 30% kind of enjoyed it. Unacceptable. I realised that reasoning alone would not be able to crush their ridiculous admiration for such a creative traversty.

19. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

that kid is a haterrr!!11 grr!!11

:) 

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    They saw that Megatron was back. They didn't see a tiny cockroach robot at the bottom of the sea jab him with a little piece of whatever to do it.