Yahoo.com: 10 most confusing things in ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jericho, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

3. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Sam's bandage aside, which is something I've brought up in another thread, this guy is a moron and this are moron questions.

4. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, robot heaven was confusing to anyone who never watched the cartoon. Everything else, well I think people are just piling on now because they don't want to get made fun of for saying they liked the movie. There was a "critic" on the radio yesterday (filmdrunk.com or something) and he was basically calling anyone who said they liked ROTF a ******. Really, so us "******s" contributed $400 million to the film and we're the ones in the wrong.

Huh?

5. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I think these are logical questions for an average moviegoer to ask

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Pretty much this. In all our anti-critic nerdrage, I think we tend to forget that most of these people only watched the movie once. Heaven forbid things get a little confusing for people with the explosions, shaky cams, and general chaos that is the movie.

So screw these guys for being confused because they didn't watch the movie four or more times already! Fucking idiots, scum of the Earth!

7. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

Good questions - it all points to general sloppiness in editing.

8. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    He does make a few valid points. But he writes in such a squirmy annoying way, that i just think, "Tit"!

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I'm not saying the plot is air tight, couldn't a similar list be made for almost any sci-fi/fantasy/monster movie ever made? Not until Phantom Menace did we really get a scientific explanation of "the force", and when they did, everyone hated them for it. These kind of movies aren't going to give encyclopedic explanations of everything. Watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy- amazing movies with great reviews, but how much do they really explain in the movies themselves? Not a bunch.

10. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

cant people just shut the f*** up, sit back and enjoy a movie with over thinking it to death. these movies are ment to be fun and entertaing. so a big middle finger to ANYONE who nit picks this movie. and two middle finger to the fans on sites like this who nit pick it, "ehh transformer heaven" "farting robots" how can you be such a fan even though you have lost your childlike enthusiasm?
    i mean sure there are a few things about this movie that were "different" but common!

this movie was awesome!

11. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I could only imagine how confusing it must have been for a person unfamiliar with Transformers. I've been following this movie since the beginning, and I still sometimes am unable to tell what it is I'm looking at from the robot designs.

12. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'd usually just flame such idiotic comments, but I'm just gonna report you instead. :D 

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh it's always about the designs with Superion.

If my 60 year old auntie can tell who is who, so should you. No excuses.

Anyway, it seems that non-fans got a problem with understanding the religious aspects of the franchise like the originals and Matrix Heaven, they seem to think that Transformers ain't much more than speaking robots, shame but it was expected wasn't it? Our favorite franchise got some extra nuts storyline to the point where Hasbro writers themselves don' t know what it's all about.

14. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

Did you even read it or are you just lashing out defensively because something you liked is being attacked? Paying attention, following a simple plot or using logic wouldn't have answered most of the questions he raised there.

I do wish I could get paid to read message boards and write an article about crap we argue about all day though :eek: 

it's not confusing to follow, it's just excruciatingly mind numbing to follow.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Those are definately valid points. The only one I don't agree with is Scalpel's glasses. He turns into the microscope, so his glasses are his magnifying lenses. I find that more interesting then the usual "adjusting robo-eyes".

But again, valid points. The dude just comes off as a dick when you read the article, though.

16. super_andylol

super_andylol Member

first post. He failed hard on number 7. They were National Air and Space Museum, which is located in Chantilly, Va. Which happens to be where I saw ROTF in IMAX. He seems to think they were at the Smithsonian Air and Apace Museum, which is in Washington D.C. Just thought i would point this out.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah that was kinda nitpicky, it was just a lil' effect they gave to the CGI Model, it was harmless and kinda gave the character more personality in a weird way.

18. super_andylol

super_andylol Member

Also, number 2, the second piece of allspark that Sam found was used to bring back Jetfire.

19. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok simmer down, no need to be so aggro.
    You do know you still called his comment idiotic even if it was indirect, so you still flamed and you reported.

When are you people going to realize being right about if the movie is good or bad isn't going to solve anything and start mellowing out?

20. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

yeah...same goes for all of his geography related points. Who cares about that....and for that matter HE got the smithsonian geography wrong. The national mall is about a 45 minute drive from where the SR-71 is kept.