Yahoo Auctions to be no more after June 16th...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dakroland, May 4, 2007.

1. dakroland

dakroland I fix toys.

Ebay:
    You can read about it here...

So now the one free alternative to (fe)eBay is closing it's doors...does anyone know of any inexpensive alternatives (for listing Transformers Auctions) to eBay, other than this board? I've listed here in the past, but I wish there was a system more eBay-ish, without the outrageous fees and expenses like you find at TFAuctions, iBid, WagglePop, and other sites. I'll use eBay if I have to...but I seriously can't stand them anymore. Not one time in all the years I've been on their site have they lowered fees.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I was gonna reccomend tfauctions.com, but there's not a single listing up right now.

3. dakroland

dakroland I fix toys.

Ebay:
    Yeah, I noticed that, plus, their site fees page doesn't show anything. I've even listed on ePier, but never sold a single item. At least on Yahoo Auctions, I sold a few items now and then. NO fees for listing, or final value made it worth it with the small pieces I sell. (fe)eBay charges so much, it's not worth listing any small parts at all, unless you do them as big BULK listings, which again, you make NOTHING on... It's ridiculous.

4. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

there is a lot of traffic on here. 2005 should revamp junkion to become an ebay killer for tf auctions.

5. dakroland

dakroland I fix toys.

Ebay:
    That would be nice. However, to turn Junkion into something akin to TFAuctions would be rather challenging. One thing that always bugged me about TF Auctions...too many categories. Am I the only one that thought that? Just wondering out loud...with pixels...

6. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

What database would be needed to have something like that? I have the webspace/bandwidth...

hmmm

7. dakroland

dakroland I fix toys.

Ebay:
    No idea there. I imagine that implimenting the system (feedback ratings, protection, integration with online payment systems, etc...) would be daunting at best. I can't even begin to visualize the kind of site design and coding that would have to go into it. It'd be neat if TFW could fold TFA into the site somehow...maybe have a decent low cost fee structure (IE: no listing or relisting fees, but a reasonable final value fee..or the like). I'd be willing to pay for a service as long as it wasn't gouging the sellers.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    there's tfieds.com, but I won't touch that because it's tformers.com's thing.

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I never use Yahoo anyway. I'm eBay spoiled.

10. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone ever use Bidville?

11. dakroland

dakroland I fix toys.

Ebay:
    Never even heard of it until now. I checked it out. Not much in the way of Transformers stuff. Nice site though.

12. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Could someone give me a breakdown of the fees on Ebay for selling...lets say...a Masterpiece Megatron for $130 + $20 shipping. I don't want to go near the site to get this info.

13. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A lot of sports card dealers use them b/c their fees are relatively cheaper than other auction sites and I believe was the biggest auction site behind eBay & Yahoo! Auctions.

Wonder with Y!A closing if more sellers will head over and start listing on Bidville?

14. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know its less expensive if you list items on to eBay through Auctiva, but there are like picture size requirements and annoying stuff of that nature.