yahobby.com

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kimmer, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

has anyone ever ordered from them? there doesn't seem to be any reviews online and i just wanted to make sure they were solid before i thought about ordering anything.

2. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought from them a couple of times. Items arrived in about a month to USA. Overall they were well packed too and nothing was damaged during shipping.

3. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

They have been good to me.

4. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Ordered a Henkei Rodimus about 6 months ago from them...web site said it was in stock, but I never received it.

Never received any correspondence either...I had to contact them to get my money back. Then they explained that the item was out-of-stock.

Not a good experience...but i have friends that have used them with no problems.

5. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

hmmm mixed comments. still not sure if i should order from them. all i know is that i don't want to wait a month to get my stuff.

6. cartertime

cartertime Well-Known Member

Ive used them on occasion and have had no problem with them whatsoever. I live in Australia and the item usually arrived within a week and with tracking!!

7. HvyMetal

HvyMetal Well-Known Member

Placed an order from yahobby in Dec. Encore Jazz, Ratchet and Trailbreaker, all were listed as in stock. Site says items ship in 2 business days.

One week after order, still no shipment notice. Email yahobby, no response. File Paypal dispute, told Jazz is backordered, will be back in stock on Jan 18th and all 3 items will ship then.

Jan 18th comes, no notice of shipment. Wait a few days and escalate to paypal claim. Now I'm told Jazz and Ratchet have shipped, but Trailbreaker is backordered and won't ship till Feb 15th.

Feb 12th, receive Ratchet and Jazz, box was beat up but the items were fine.

Since seller indicated he shipped the items, paypal closes dispute. Feb 15th comes, no shipment notice for Trailbreaker. File appeal with paypal. Got a refund today for Trailbreaker and 1/3 of the shipping cost. Trailbreaker is still listed as being in stock on the website.

So yeah, poor inventory management, poor communication. Would not order from again.

8. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    The one time i bought from them, they were pretty slow to get the actual item in stock.

A few others have said the same.

IIRC, a few people here have had issues with the condition of loose items ordered from them.

This is the first one i've heard where they didn't follow though at all.

9. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    I bought a loose RTS Lugnut off them. Paid for item , Item was still pending after a while. eventually received a refund saying it was out of stock. I'll be wary if I use them again

10. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bought a KO City Commander from them and had no problems at all.

11. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I had no problems. You have to pay attention though, sometimes an item is marked in stock but at the review your order page it says something to the likes of " currently out of stock but we will notify you" in small print. The order will get proccessed but you wont get the item till they have it.

12. HvyMetal

HvyMetal Well-Known Member

Absolutely unreal. So I got home and Trailbreaker was in my mailbox. Maybe they forgot they actually shipped it? Now I get to undo the refund, what a freaking pain.

And there was nothing on my review page indicating anything was out of stock when I ordered. How hard is it to send an email letting someone know something is out of stock? Even now, with everything in hand, the site stills shows my order as Processing. Terrible system.

13. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    planning on getting their loose animated blackout. how are the conditions on loose items?

14. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    There appears to be at least some chance of getting something cosmetically damaged. I' ve a vague memory of someone buying a Bludgeon or Banzaitron from them and it arriving quite obviously damaged.