Ya think its a Good Idea To Release the Movie Adaptations before the film gets made?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Apr 5, 2011.

?

What ya think?

1. I Dont like it, it Spoils the film

20.0%
  2. eh i Dont Really Mind.

50.0%
  3. Other (your own Personal Opinions and reasons)

8.0%
  4. Whatever i dont really buy the Comics and/or Books

22.0%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Random Question, as you Know, Many Novelizations and the Comic Adaptations of of each tf Film is Released A Month or 2 Months Before the Film is Released Thus it Spoils the Whole Film before its release, so what are your thoughts on its?

Me, i dont Really Mind, if i want to know what Happens then i search for the Comics (after all the Book or Comic are Adaptations of a early Version of the Script thus there would be soem changes on the film version)

2. kremzeek prime

kremzeek prime Kremzeek!!!!!

Hey, I don't mind at all, if I'm interested in the adaption I can read it to hold me over until the actual movie, and it won't spoil it for me. It's all good!

3. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    If I saw the book in the store, I'd buy it.

...But I sure as hell would not read it 'till after Canada Day.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even if you don't buy the comics or the books it seems like information from them leaks out. It's bad enough that the trailers for some movies give away too much without a book giving it all away.

5. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Never had a movie adaptation here in Aussie so I couldn't care less.

6. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

i dont buy the comics till like a year after the movie comes out :D  im never in a hurry to buy them

7. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

well, last year I was really tempted and... I read ROTF adaptation BEFORE I watched Movie... and it spoiled too many things, but anyways... I think it shouldn't be released before... maybe in the same week, information and spoiler-guys isn't restricted just to them... =/ sad xD
    and also is my case... curious and tempted transfans :( 

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I relish it. That way, I can gauge whether or not the actual film is worth watching.

9. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Why would I read a book? That would involve using my brain.

10. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought that was the case too till I found a news agency at Central train station that seems to sell movie adaptions of almost every film that is currently in cinemas at the time. I had no idea so many films were either adapted, based off, inspired or simply had a novel written for it.

11. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    Actually I think it's the only way to sell the books. Who's going to read when they can watch a movie? Most people today don't read books, so why not let those that do get the story head of time?

12. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no basis for it, but I've always assumed that releasing the comic or book before the movie means it's more likely someone will *read* it, since the movie won't actually be out yet. Once the film comes out, I imagine the general reaction would be "Why would I want to read it when I can go and watch it?"

Personally, though, I don't read 'em until after I've seen the film.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Eh, it doesn't matter to me... I generally buy all the movie adaptations -- novels and comics -- after I've seen the movie.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I guess it depends on the type of movie and the type of book.

With Transformers I could see not bothering with the books because it's mostly a visual thing with the films with things like story and characters a minor part of the experience.

Some films just have so much going on with characters or the story that you only get a part of what the books have so reading the book afterward gives you even more story and more character which is kind the point of reading a book. So I know some people who like to read the Potter books after they have watched the film because it gives them bits the movie couldn't.

Or some films inspire people to read the books like the people who would not tackle the Lord of the Ring series until after they watched the films.

I guess it might come down to was it a book series before it ever became a film series or is it just a book that hopes to cash in on pre-film excitement.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    For the comics I just read them as they come out so I'll always have some pre-info before ever seeing the film. But then I didn't see the previous two films until they hit DVD here so I'd have been sitting on those unread comics a while if I decided to wait until I'd seen the movie before reading them.
    As for novels, although I got both the adaptation and the prequel for the first BayFormers I only ever read the prequel. I got the adaptation for ROTF and I don't think I read that either. That's not to say I won't ever get around to reading them. I bought the Lord of the Rings books to read after seeing the movies to see what was different between the two and I've still yet to crack open those books.
    So, after my waffle, it's fine with me to release adaptations before the film. Doesn't mean I'll read them right away, and as others have said it makes more sense for them to come out before the film as they're less likely to get as many sales if the comics and novels came out after.

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I saw one in a Dymocks in Sydney. Although it was after the movie(ROTF) had been released. But they do sell them in OZ.

17. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Wouldn't read till after I saw the movie if bought it anyway

18. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll post my question here first instead of starting a new thread.
    Amazon shows two different paperback Transformers Dark of the Moon novels.

One is by John Barber and is scheduled to be released June 7th
    the other is by Peter David and is scheduled to be released May 24th

Which one is which? I've heard that Peter David is doing the novelization so who is this John Barber one? Both look official

Link to the John Barber one
    Amazon.com: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Movie Adaptation TP (9781600109171): John Barber, Jorge Jimenez Moreno: Books

Link to the Peter David one
    Amazon.com: Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (9780857680952): Peter David: Books

19. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

No, I don't like to read them before the film it just spoils it for me...
    Like when ROTF was coming out... curiosity got the best of me, and I had to peek inside adaption. I just turned to a random page and saw Optimus stabbed in the chest by Megatron!! I felt like I learned to much during the movie and it ruined the elements of surprise...

20. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

That Peter David one looks pretty fake, buddy, sorry to say.