ya like characters to Change alt modes and forms or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, May 3, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    read the title

i like it

2. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    As long as the change is somewhat minor (example: Bee changing to a 2010 camaro)

3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i don't mind it.

4. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

no

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Plow trukk not fire trukk.

6. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Depends, I prefer Bumblebee's and Sideswipe's ROTF modes but that's about it.

7. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    if it is shown , if it isn't then no

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't mind. Minor changes I can understand. (like BB's. I like to think Mikaelas's remark in the first movie is what causes him to constantly keep his alt-mode up to date because of some niggling self-confidence issue it stirred up :lol )

9. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

I thought sideswipes non-convertible was better but whatever. I could careless it makes sense since they are supposed too be in disguise and who doesn't know that BB is a yellow camaro.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    What do you mean by 'changing'? Are you referring to the TFs having different altmodes than in other continuities, or the TFs actually changing their altmodes like how Bumblebee switched from a 1970s Camero mode to the modern version?

11. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    As for the movieverse alt mode changes in general, I don't mind them. None of the alternate mode changes really jarr me. Ratchet looks fine.

Optimus - Big and powerful 18-wheeler. Same stead as a firetruck, same everything. I don't mind the flames. They look pretty badass IMO. Always have.
    Bumblebee - I like the Camaro a lot better then the Volkswagon (which was fine in its own right as well).
    Ironhide - Ironhide is probably my favorite of the new alternate modes. How much more badass can you get then a huge-ass black pick up truck? THIS is what Sam Elliot is talking about in those truck commercials (even if Ironhide isn't a Ford, d'oh).
    Ratchet - He looks good, though slightly sickly yellow, which was rectified with DOTM with him now green and white. The Hummer works fine instead of an ambulance - hell, what's the real difference? They look alike enough.
    Sideswipe - No objection whatsoever. That is a sexy Corvette alt mode.
    Jazz - He looks great.
    Jetfire - He looks similar to G1, and no objections here.

Megatron - A transforming gun was silly to me now that I think about it. I liked his jet mode, but his robot mode was a mess. In ROTF, I loved the flying tank, and I think that should've been his mode he kept for DOTM. In DOTM, I am somewhat dissapointed by the "step-down" to a dirty Earth truck, but I'll survive.
    Starscream - No real change, and I dig the tatoos.
    Soundwave - A sattelite is great for the master spy of the 'Cons. And I fully endorse the Mercedes as his alt mode. :D 
    Shockwave - a tank for Shockwave works for me. Though a jet like in WFC wouldn't be bad either. A flying tank, like Megatron? Niceness.

I enjoy these new takes on our characters, and it'd take something EXTREME, like Optimus being red with blue polka dots or Starscream being a civilian plane to put me off.

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Do I like random altmode changes movie to movie? not really.

I'm of the school that thinks the altmode should be a reflection of the character. Granted, that doesn't make for a very good 'disguise', but I do think it makes for stronger design.

I can overlook small changes, like variations in Bumblebee's carmode. But I think any big-deal change should be addressed by the story. Like when Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime or when Megatron became Galvatron. And if there's a really good story-driven, or character-driven reason for an altmode change, and the new mode is as fitting as the old, then I don't mind it at all.