Xovergen Trailerforce TF-01 Pictorial review

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Sioce, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can anyone actually post the photo of G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime in Cab Mode inserted into Trailerforce compartment, but with the same way of how Henkei Prime extend the legs into the back pack?

Just wonder how this will look like and how firm this will help to overcome the loose lock in of G1 PM Prime.

Thanks.

2. Axelay

Axelay Well-Known Member

Sioce, I love the idea of swapping a chrome grille into Classics Prime. I just finished doing the same thing myself since I feel like the Classics version looks better with the Trailerforce than does the Henkei version.

Having just received Trailerforce, I think that it may be getting a worse rap than it truly deserves. Mine seems to be very well put-together, and I am not honestly that daunted by the price. I paid a lot more for City Commander a few years back. I've bought ridiculously overpriced toys which looked great at first but turned out really poorly (Bandai Macross Frontier GE-47 Armored Messiah is the shining example of this) and had severe buyer's remorse because of it, but Trailerforce does not fall into this category for me. The joints are well ratcheted, I have little worry about it flopping over, and the paint apps are pretty darned good. Not perfect, mind you, but it's so rare that I find any toy these days which has completely flawless paint apps. My Masterpiece Sideswipe has substantially worse paint apps than this. I will say this about Trailerforce - it's one HELL of a lot better effort than anything which I've bought from Hasbro recently.

3. Axelay

Axelay Well-Known Member

Finally got a quick camera phone shot.

[​IMG]

I seriously like this thing.

4. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I have been trying very hard to score this lately but catching up on MPs has sucked up all my money!! Definitely near the top of my wishlist. My Henkei Prime is waiting for it eagerly.

5. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

I like mine too just some small changes I would have liked better. For example the rods the ball joints are on for the shoulders chould have been about 1-2mm shorter. At most angles you can see that thin black rod and it breaks up the shoulder sculpt. Would like to have seen slightly better clearance from the longest part of the shoulder guns and the blue fore arm guards, about 1mm each would give each arm a ton more range. That I can do on my own not too sure about shortening the shoulder rods. The possible apex armor set has me hesitant to modify the shoulders too. That extra space between the arm and shoulder migh be needed for something. Got my fingers crossed fo some reprolable love too.

6. guts

guts Well-Known Member

Been sitting in the box for a while now, and I unpacked it yesterday. I really like it and I think my money is well spent! Pics from my iphone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
  8. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Insane Galvatron, Captured Prey has it in stock for $175.

9. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd really hope that they release a black version of this trailer.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  11. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got mine today. Instructions sucked, but between going in reverse and looking at pics, I got him into trailer mode.

Definitely worth the money despite some of the flaws.

Where do you store the head and red plate in trailer mode?

I can't wait for the Godbomber upgrade! (And Hi-Q)

12. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

The lack of an updated Powermaster fro classics kills it a bit for me.

13. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Classics Prime already exists, that's the point of this guy he upgrades your existing purchase. Not Xovergen's fault you don't have one, and if you do, what the eff you complaining about.

14. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I read it as not having the Powermaster.. i.e. Hi Q/Ginrai..

However Xovergen has already teased a Powermaster (as well as Godbomber on the box). Not sure if/when they'll release him. Probably an upgrade pack with the new feet and bumper (since the new bumper is required for the Powermaster).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really hated the skinny ankles on this set when I first saw the promo pics, but seeing that those side units can swing around to the front has actually changed my mind about the set. Had PP as a kid (my first legit transformer) and always loved the bulky chunky look of him. He may still be too lanky, but I'm beginning to warm up to the idea of getting one.

16. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Oh ok you want the little guy for the front. Personally always thought that gimmick was pretty silly looking. When I get a Xov I'm going to put my original G1 prime in him.

17. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah he looks SO much better with the wheels flipped to the front.

I need to take something to his wrist ball joints so they're not floppy. Minor issues here and there but overall a great figure.

18. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anyone takes issue with the head sticking up too far on Classics Prime, here is a possible solution. Do not store either the platform from the set or Prime's gun behind the cab. This creates some space behind the cab. This allows the armature on Prime (the one that the larger gun plugs into in alt mode) to slide back a bit. If you plug the appropriate trailer hitch/head adapter part with the armature slid back, this will sink the head down a bit when it is plugged in. It looks far better to my eye. You may have to play with the swinging panel on the armor's back and Prime's knees to hold the cab in place.

19. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Got this guy and the ko Henkel prime from chimungmung today and he's fantastic!

I love him. The ONLY problem I have is I can't get to trailer to hitch onto my ko prime and even my regular classics prime. The connector is too small to attach it seems. So the trailer just kinda rests there. Other than that though I love it to bits! I reeeally hope they do the godbomber add on :) 

20. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Well-Known Member

I dremeled out the trailer hitch so that it fits easily now. Doesn't look nice, but fits well.