Xovergen Trailer Force TF-01 Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by encline, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    I didn't think I would when I saw the length, but I ended up watching the whole review.

One thing I noted multiple times was the "sound" of the plastic as you were taking things apart and pegging them together. It was a good sound, and my optimism for this set grows. I especially liked seeing you take apart that blue base part, which seemed to take the stress pretty well. I also liked how you started out the video noting how well loosening the pelvic leg screws frees up the ratcheting mechanism so its not so tight. Later in the video, that tightness was a little bothersome.

One of my concerns now is the ball joint shoulders. For all that weight of the arm with weapons(with maybe more to come), is looseness ever going to become an issue?

I also wonder if there were any way for them to have painted the sides of the trailer mode gray while working a G1 trailer stripe in there without the gray color interfering too much with the bot mode.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    The base part should have been grey, it forms most of the outside of the trailer anyway and it doesn't do a thing in robot mode.

3. Maniac23

Maniac23 resident Tim

This review has made it hard to resist ordering this figure but with shipping Id be looking at close to £120.00 before a possible customs charge on top. That has stayed my hand so far and will probably be enough to make me pass it over, which is gutting. Powermaster Optimus was my first Prime at a tender age and I have replace my original with the Japanese reissue a few years back.

4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    aaaargh and you had to put the apex armor chest piece on it "got to resist resist"

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'd like to see it combined with a Blue cab like Powered Konvoy & I'd also like to see side pieces/ramps as part of the Gob Bomber like add on kit to come later.

I do also wonder if it might be possible to come up with some means to daisy chain the G3 Trailer or Powered Convoy armour off the back of this or this off the back of them.

It might be good fun added "Road Train" feature to add to the God Bomber like accessory in it's Trailer mode to allow that to haul a broad selection of additional trailers to make a big daft daisy train like you some times see in Power Rangers or Brave toy lines.

6. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know I said I will not get to opinionated, but after having this guy in hand all week... I really like it. And knowing what it in the works gets me even more stoked about how the finished piece will look.

I think this is a love or hate piece. If you really didn't like, you won't, if you were on the fence, you may like it more than you thought, but if you like it, you will love it!

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    gyah. stop tempting me xD

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I dig it, my only complaint (aside from the price) is the blue in the trailer mode. Wish they could have found a way to make it look more like the original in trailer mode.

9. Benscollectables

Benscollectables Decepticon, Supreme Class

Ebay:
    That would be a great idea , i will also see if I can get blue cab for a pic for you

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Encline, now that you've had this for a while and have handled quite a bit, do the ball joints for the hands and shoulders feel like they are getting looser? Are they coated in anything? Those are my main worries. I think it looks excellent because this is an improvement for Xovergen but also this is the only Ginrai upgrade out there.

I do plan on buying it. I wonder why Xovergen did not mold the double blaster guns in grey?

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Everything... The fact that the trailer doesn't look as good as the original G1 PM trailer (where's the grey?), the fact that they couldn't integrate the entire trailer in the (almost non-existent) transformation (why not at least turn that huge piece into a shield or something?), the fact that the combined mode looks so-so (the legs sticking down on the back make the entire thing look like a fan mode - that sliding piece makes it worse)... Maybe a 2nd trailer will save the day, but for now, it's a purchase that I find hard to justify, even if I collect everything Optimus.

12. Benscollectables

Benscollectables Decepticon, Supreme Class

Ebay:
    Ok buddy all valid points , the blue section agreed is wasted. Could have been used to cover the legs at least but I do still love this piece

13. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, Encline, will this powermaster Xovergen's doing come with an add-on for classics prime or a new remolded version? I couldn't find an answer, so I thought I'd ask in case they told you.

Attached Files:

14. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not really. I've messed around with it a bit, then put it on my shelf. I do notice a little bit of red on the black ball joints on the shoulders. Other than that the wrist are fine and it is doing exactly what I expected it to do.

Not sure why they went black either.

It is on hold at the moment. I know they still would like to work it in some how, but I think a lot will depend on sales.

15. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for replying. I was just asking because in the pics that show it as an add-on show only the bumper being replaced when it could be more pratctical to replace the bumper and grill like this.

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Red? Is the black on the ball joints a rubber coating or something, like on Transformers kreO joints?

17. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this. I just got mine in today and I noticed that it only needs that red plate in the back if you don't put the stacks in. I prefer the stacks.

18. LuciferX10

LuciferX10 Well-Known Member

Hrm... The project looks dead, I still hope for the additional add-ons for classic prime and the Extra God-Bomber armor pieces they teased us with. Oh-well.....

19. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least we have MasterShooter Collectibles High-Que toy.

[​IMG]