Xovergen to Release Retooled Transformers Classics Optimus Prime for TrailerForce TF-

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optimus1116, May 21, 2012.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Need more info before making any final call, but does this not really kind of cross into that bad IP stealing territory with the retooled classics Prime?

2. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So t his project will be even more complicated and ambitious than their first.

Yeah, I'm not buying this until hordes of people review it and give the QC a thumbs up.

4. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Well isn't that just...spiffy....now the price will be ridonculous...

5. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    You checked how much a Classics Optimus Prime or Henkei Convoy goes for these days?

I think they're trying to provide an option for those that would like the trailer and don't already own the mold.

This doesn't seem to be rocket science....

6. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

sounds about right, metaphorge. but this fandom, like most, is crawling with hyper-reactionary types who don't bother thinking beyond their initial reaction. *shrug*

it's nice of these guys to think of it, but I would agree they probably should have done a bit more work than a vaguely modded copy of the classics mold. that -will- most likely cause them trouble. especially with the fandom's blabberjaws types who do things like continually shove the 3rd party stuff in hasblo's face nearly every botcon the past few years during the Q&A sessions.

7. IonCannonsRule

IonCannonsRule Grapple's Spark

I understand why this thing exists. I really like the plastic used, no clear arm panels so less chance for paint chipping, they'll just be molded. If it's sold separately, great idea if the cost is under 40 bucks for it, bottom line...Past that, you're better off nabbing a Classics or Henkei.

8. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Definite must have. Wonder what the price is gonna be?

9. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've read you can use your original power master optimus prime cab. If that's the case I may be interested. If it transformers with the trailer as well.

10. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If this is just an option so people who don't own classics or henkei prime can get one relatively inexpensively and still get the trailerforce kit too, then props to them.

If this means I can't use my powermaster/classics/henkei prime with trailerforce and need to buy their KO toy just to get it to function, no thank you.

I'm pretty interested in trailerforce but this would be a huge turn off if their KO was a necessary component for it.

11. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think it's pretty clear that -any- Classics/Henkei Prime will fit into the trailer just fine, but you'll need the modified front-end to comfortably fit the Powermaster onto the grill. The ankles're just an added bonus.

I mean, really, all you do is Transform Prime into alt mode, remove the roof/cannon, slide him into the super-robot chest, and bend Prime's legs down at the knees.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  12. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Exactly. I'm also confused where people are getting the idea that this would come with the trailer instead of being available separately - none of the news I have seen has indicated one way or the other. Given that the original authentic Op/Convoy is expensive, it would be more likely that this is offered as a cheaper option available separately.

13. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

did not they release a pic w/ the original classic mold attached to the chest..i vaguely remember a pic showing the back and how the original mold looked with the feet hanging

14. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    The feet kinda freak me out, but maybe it's just the mockup colors. As a PM Prime fan I'm excited about this idea, though after glaring over at my Grand Patriot I'm going to wait for someone here to review this whole thing before plunking down cash.

15. blurrr-ed

blurrr-ed Well-Known Member

Dont know why theres all the reactionary hate towards a potential cab (oh wait... TF fans, i forgot) id rather not fuck up my henkei prime (a mold im proud to own every variant of bar crystal convoy). This thing, if its even part of the kit, could be a block, doesnt transform, just fits in perfectly and does the job of the other figures, without modding an expensive figure or acquiring a G1 figure. I never displayed the cab seperately with my old PM Prime, i dont know why this would be an issue. and as for keeping the cost down, its a fecking big articulated trailer/robot, its going to be expensive, im sure theyve considered this

sick of the pennypinching attitude of people. if you think its too expensive when the price is ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED, dont buy it.

After Grand Patriot and the massive waste of my money, i wouldnt touch this unless Peaugh does some kind of one sided, gushingly positive review

16. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I'm okay with this, seeing how I don't have any version of the mold.

17. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Xovergen has posted art of their concept Ginrai on their Facebook page.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It seems that this will be completely different then Classics Prime.

18. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

That's another thing that ticks me off about Xovergen. Their idea of "concept art" is really just "hey check out this picture I drew".

To me, concept art should be a schematic with some of the more fine details (possible views for transformation, etc).

19. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its starting to remind me a hell of a lot of Igear and their releases. Losing respect for Xovergen the more they do things the way Igear does.

20. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

It looks like Classics Prime with arm mod form the tutorial section that puts the kibble on his back.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/329112-voyager-classics-prime-arm-modification.html

That's ok in my book since I don't have a classics Prime either. I'm not overpaying someone on ebay because of Hasbro's crappy distribution.