Xovergen Grand Patriot STC-GP Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by BaltMatrix, Jan 18, 2011.

1. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice review. I wish I could say the same for your subject!

3. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice review. Mine will be here tomorrow, glad I preordered it. It's their first product, so I'll give them some slack.

4. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    You havent transformerd the back pack correctly :)  its much much better if you do. The wheels on the pack actually ratchet and slide in on themself so it fits perfectly on the back.

5. SLAYERBOT13

SLAYERBOT13 MASTER OF DESTRUCTION

Maybe if they rerelease them with fixes that need to be done. They looked way better in photos. You would think they would have tried to hit a homerun on the 1st product to get some street cred. Overly priced but has potential of being something great. They should have focused on one mold of prime. They probably had an over abundance of plastic and said " fuck it lets give the nerds something they want" knowing we would buy this. Cuz when ur a collector, u collect them all. Nice review as always spada

6. BaltMatrix

News Credits:
    See the problem is that both figure came with the wheels broken off the figure. It was very easy to re-attach them but I'm not completely sure how to get them put on correctly. Oh and they keep falling off as well on the Red/White version.

7. smackscreen

smackscreen Well-Known Member

Nice review as always but this product looks piss poor. And yes , it looks cheap. As mentioned before, if this is your company's first attempt at a TF toy you should want to make sure BBTS or any other company cant keep these in stock. Im glad I canceled my preorder. These "Dollar General" Transforming robots are awful. Reprolabels shouldnt even do a label set for these flimsy things. Ughh

8. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Nevermind!! =)

9. simonatmac

simonatmac The stop motion maker

Ebay:
    I don´t know.
    The plastic sounds very fragile in the video. If I´ll buy it one day, I´ll have to do some major corrections I guess...

Edit:
    Wow, 179 Bucks is a LOT

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  10. formula93

formula93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy pass on this one. I'm still saving up for the Knight Morpher Annihilator. Hopefully the eventual repaints of Grand Patriot can fix it's problems as well.

11. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the idea, but a little soft on the execution. I wish it was bigger, using more/all of the trailer for the bot mode.

12. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

Would anyone like to go half on the cost of these guys ? I am going to get em either way, but I only want one, so if someone would like to buy the other from me, inbox me and let me know. They are cool to me.

13. Cesium Salami

Cesium Salami Older than Kup!

I may be desperate for new Transformers, but not THAT desperate. Pass.

14. Predarican

Predarican Top Gunner G1er

Ebay:
    Watching this makes me really glad I didn't even preorder these. Having to buy two of the same cheap looking toy is not a good marketing plan.

15. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i agree with the nays. looks cheap, sounds cheap (from the video), but costs a lot... these things don't go together for me. another thing i really hate about this toy are the missiles... why do they look like madonna's cone boobs from the vogue video?

[​IMG]

super easy passformer for me.

Attached Files:

16. Baratacom

Baratacom Tripredacus office-boy

They look pretty bad...I mean, these guys have fansproject to live up to, anything lower than "awesome!" just falls flat.

Poor plastic (it even LOOKS cheap on the video), apparent lack of paint apps and major lack of transformation are my concerns here.

Not sure how accurate it is to the G.I.Joe Prime, but they should've still ranked his engineering and detailing up, especially regarding the trailer, it just looks so really sad when you compare this guy's trailer to that of Protector/Rodimus!

I also believe that their option of selling both as a two pack was a shot to their own foot, since it made these guys look even more expensive, not to mention make some people not really like the idea of having 2 not stellar looking versions of the same mold.

I guess I understand why they did what they did, they must've made a bunch of them to lower the prices, but they would still cost 100~110 bucks, so they put the two of them together for 180 thinking that people would say "Hey, I'm ok with this, I could pay 90 bucks for a robot" but forgot the part that it's still like buying the same thing twice and that 180 > 100~110...so yeah.

I'm not really into bashing stuff I don't have in my hands to properly say anything, but from the review and pics it's hard to find redeeming qualities in them...sure, fansproject have their own share of problems and iffy design decisions, but when I looked at each one of their figs my first thought was "awesome!" and it kept being "awesome!" to the very end.

17. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    I demand a video review of Dinner!

18. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

Robot Kingdon is offering single sales...

19. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol 
    Anyway, it looks kind of cool, the head sculpt is nice. But for the price, the quality isn't up to snuff. Nice ratcheting legs... oh, no? Bummer.

20. BaltMatrix

News Credits:
    I can do that. :p