Xmas Gifts You "know" You Don't Know About

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hey there, how was the turkey? No, not your Uncle Bob.
    Anyway, I was wondering something today.
    Sometimes while Dad and I go out for Christmas shopping, initially for other people mind you, he'll purchase an item that's on my list right in front of me, and says, "You don't know anything about this." Or, "Your not supposed to "see" this till Christmas."
    Sometimes it's fun knowing ahead of time, sometimes it blows the surprise. But at least you know you've got it before the stores run out.
    Or, there maybe a time when you've bought your self something, wrap it up, label it "From The Cat", and then put it under the tree.
    Then when Christmas day comes, you act all surprised! "Yea, thanks Dad I've always wanted one of these!" Or, "Thanks cat!"

So does this happen to you, for you or by you and what was it?
    For me, I just got the 250GB Xbox 360.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Do this every year actually. Since no one will by me any TF's , I have to gift them to myself on Christmas.
    Did that with the new ATAT walker this year, cant wait to open it. Thanks me.

Plus it helps when shopping for others becasue we already know we're getting what we asked for.
    Congrats on the Xbox.

3. Tigertrack

The problem is sometimes, it's easier to know what you want, then what your family wants.
    My Dad usually buy's what he wants for him self anyway, so he's difficult to shop for.
    And just this Thanksgiving while having turkey with aunt/uncle, I asked them what was on their list, and they didn't seem to want anything.

4. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Did that for myself a few years ago. Got that blue TF bird that turned into an MP3 player for myself a few years back.

Don't need to do it so much anymore though.

5. Chaos Muffin

I hate playing the guessing game. When you ask someone what they want and they tell you to "Suprise them"

Suprise indeed.

6. Tigertrack

I like to make sure I get what they want or think they want. I kind of hate gift-cards as it's almost a cop-out. Sure, they get exactly what they want with them, but it's like last minute thought.

7. Chaos Muffin

If I don't know what they want, then I'll get them something electronic.
    So I can use it when they're not around.

I hope mom want's a new DS this Christmas.

8. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I prefer to give a list, then be surprised. Unless there's something I specifically need, then I'll tell them I really need it and we make arrangements.

--Moony

9. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    We do things a bit differently with my family...we're usually allowed to pick what gift we want. In my case, I knew what I got from my sister because she hinted at it: The 1/10 Kotobukiya Rockman kit...I still have no idea what I'm going to ask my folks to pick up for me.

10. Tigertrack

I kind of feel guilty that I always seem to know what I want, but I haven't got a clue what others want.

11. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I'm the same way...I usually let my mom pick the gifts for me...problem solved!

12. Tigertrack

Oh yea, Christmas socks! LOL!

13. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    I have a list. My parnts are horrible about hiding stuff while buying them in front of me:
    Animated Wreck Gar
    Hiss Tank
    Tron Light Cycle
    PCC Leadfoot
    Watch
    AHM book 2

14. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I'e actually never gotten a bad or lame gift before myself.

15. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I buy Transformers myself for now on, usually in bulk. People in the store give me weird looks when I have ten Transformers in my arms. I just yell "WHAT?!" in a fake-serious tone and keep on walking :lol 

When I was younger I couldn't help but go closet snooping. My parents didn't even know that when they weren't home I'd open my gifts up, play with them, then put them back in their boxes ten minutes before they got back.

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I have a hard time mustering up a damn this year.

17. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

My dad used to be awesome in suprising me and my siblings during Christmas-time. Ever since I took it upon myself to try and make present-opening time special, I always seem to be coming short on that special touch.

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    When it comes to me getting Transformers for Christmas I'll always make sure people know exactly what I want, even going so far as buying it myself and then giving a family member the option of buying it off me to give me Christmas Day. That way I get what I want and I was able to pick one from the store that doesn't have sloppy paint or parts rattling loose in the box.
    Three of my family clubbed together to get me MP Grimlock for this year but I went and picked it up and ended up being allowed to have it now rather than wait until the day.
    I don't particularly like Christmas so I'm not too fussed about being surprised. That said I will give certain people lists of DVDs I'd like and they pick and buy whichever of those they want so there is some not knowing of a few things. And someone will always buy me something I had no idea about at all. But then it's usually not something I wanted.

When I buy for other people I'll try and find something they'd like but probably not get around to buying for themselves. For my younger sister's birthday this year I bought her a load of old toys and board games she used to have as a child. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so happy to see the old Blockbusters quiz boardgame. :p 

I used to buy people gifts from our pets but now it's not something I do. Sometimes my family will each dig into a bag of gift tags with our names on and buy something for that person and not sign who it's from. I suppose at least then I won't know who to kick when they give me something crap.

Anyways, I usually like to have my Christmas shopping tied up tight a long time before Christmas. I finished my X-Mas gift shopping mid-October. Now I can relax and watch everyone else run around like lunatics right up until the last minute. :D 

19. Tigertrack

I'm trying to get it done, but I just don't know what anybody wants. I also don't have a clue what to give whom.
    I'd like to get my uncle a 1/43 scale die-cast model of his new Mazda 3, but they are very rare models and the last one that was on ebay went for 80-something bucks.
    Plus, I'm not really sure it's something he'd be amused with.

20. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Thanks to Amazon.com, I just order what I want and get reimbursed. *sings* Merry Christmas to me...