Xevoz- The Greatest Toys EVER. Discuss!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Radioactive Ravage, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone remembers these, but if you can identify a toy from 20 years ago you'll be able to recall these figures from 2005.

Simply put, Xevoz were the most awesome thing ever. Created using the Stikfas design (general body construct, joint system), Hasbro combined a competitive game and an action figure line brilliantly. There were six species- Biomecha, Hyperfuries, Meta-Beasts, Neo-Sapiens, Sectoids, and Unnaturals, with the fourth (and final) wave introducing the Arcasters and Reptosaurs. Any weapon, any body part, was fully compatible with all of the other figures, resulting in limitless amount of combinations.

Each figure came with a Battle Helix that contributed to the game. Equip your figure with the accessories included to add certain abilities to your Helix and then roll them. Damage, healing, or draining was dealt out according to which side of the Helix appeared. You had to disassemble your Xevoz character if too much health was taken from a body part.

This line was so awesome because it had EVERYTHING- a plethora of great, customizable pieces and accessories, eight unique species, and a vast amount of awesome characters. They had a MONKEY. They had a DRAGON. They had a COWBOY. They had a FIRE ELEMENTAL. They had a MUMMY.

I was greatly upset when this line was cancelled, especially because the figures that were unreleased sounded AWESOME (A Bear, Turtle, Light Elemental, Gargoyle, etc), but mostly because these figures were some of the greatest I had ever owned, and that statement has not changed to this day.

I want to save the Xevoz.

2. Creepybaldguy

Creepybaldguy Well-Known Member

My love of Xevoz is what got me into Sigma 6 and when that was canceled, TFA. I just love the style and S6 and TFA remind me of it alot.

3. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stikfas>cuboyd>xevoz

end of discussion:p 

4. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Xevoz were the greatest figure line of the last 10 years. Yeah Stikfa's were first, but i felt every time i looked at one it would break. I have a complete Xevoz collection, sans the Thunder Shaman. And the next wave was looking awesome with the Cannon Turtle soldier and the New Hyper-Fury.

5. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    I heard that Hasbro was goint to restart Xevoz.

Then I woke up. :( 

6. Radioactive Ravage

Ha. While I admit, Stikfas has superiority because it came first, there's no way in HELL Cuboyds are better than Xevoz.

Anyway, the Xevoz pickings are quite slim right now... but they're still out there. God, I wish Hasbro would restart that line.

7. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

I really want Xevoz to come back...

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes Xevoz is the awesome. I have always liked the line....too bad they gave it the axe, it was a really cool line/concept.

That's also where I got Alt Plowkings head from.

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
  10. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, Xevoz...takes me back to my days when I had a cubical desk job and those critters adorned my shelves. Loved them...wish I still had them.

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have 3 of the fire elemental guy. Never played the game, but the figures were pretty damn cool.

12. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    A look at what was to come :cry 

Attached Files:

13. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I've always been a big BanYJ fan, so I was disappointed when Xevoz and Stikfas disappeared from TRUs. Xevoz would've really come into its own by now.

I wish they would've come in flat colors like an all-white or all-black exclusive versions too.

14. netkid

News Credits:
    Don't remind me. Ugh...

Honestly, why couldn't Hasbro find some retailer or online retailer be the hero to us all and pick it up as an exclusive toyline?

Remember exclusive toylines? They could only be bought at one store and one store only.

We need more action like this to save those final group of figures before a line finally dies. It was done with Beast Machines (though more in a sense of the final figures split up among stores as exclusives), it should have been done with Xevoz.

Unfortunately for Xevoz, most of these few final figures were still hand painted resin hardcopies. No molds had even been made yet. And that my friends, pretty much means they will never get made, unless by some act of God where Hasbro actually decides to spend a ton of money to make molds and make the figures. If that is ever done, then there is no reason at all you should not be on your knees, kissing their feet, praising them for their effort.

Looking at my catalogs, oh God there's so much amazing crap Hasbro never made. Holy smokes. Luckily, most of this can be found on the internet for anyone to view.

15. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I think the whole problem was that no retailer showed any interest.

I mean, demand is kinda low. How many years has Entertainment Earth been trying to unload their remaining discounted Xevoz figs?

But with Mattel's online collector's site, who knows. Hasbro might try to compete by bringing back some toy lines in limited stock for sale by themselves at HTS at some point. Xevoz Classics! :) 

16. Radioactive Ravage

That just depressed me to NO END.

I think an exclusive retailer would have been perfect, actually. Entertainment Earth is having such trouble (with three figures...) selling those sets because everyone who was a fan of Xevoz bought them already.

Dammit Xevoz, COME BACK TO ME!

17. netkid

News Credits:
    Not I. There's still a crap load of guys I need. I only have the white skeleton, the purple/yellow Superhero, and the red Dragon & white Wizard guys.

18. Radioactive Ravage

Then what are you waiting for, you fool?! Frankenpunker and Thunder Shaman are like, seven bucks each!

19. netkid

News Credits:
    I don't want them all. I wanted Infil-Traitor, but they sold out of him.:( 

20. eldritch

eldritch New Member

Stikfas and Xevoz

I just posted a blog post all about Stikfas and Xevoz on my blog.

People do a ton of really cool stuff with the Stikfas figures, but I totally agree, Xevoz are just about the coolest-looking toys ever. It's too bad Hasbro discontinued them... Apparently there were some figures ready to be made (molds finished, etc), but were never produced. It's a shame.

Eldritch
    weaselsnake