Digibash: XenoTK’s Miscellaneous Digibash Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by XenoTK, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Primon4723

Primon4723 Autobot

Awesome! :D 

2. XenoTK

XenoTK Reachout and Touch Face

Thanks, it's probably because of all the overlay layers I put on top of everything
    She sure is!

First up for today's update: Since the official Street Fighter II crossover was announced I'm sure that some people have wanted to see a Masterpiece-scaled Arcee in Chun-Li colors

While I'm rarely the type to type to answer to popular demand... I kinda wanted to see that too
    [​IMG]
    After kicking so many cars in her day, she must redeem herself by becoming the car that kicks back!

Next is something a little different, I know I'm not the first to use this mold for this homage but I tried to do something somewhat unique with the same idea
    [​IMG]
    So while Legends Super Ginrai version is out there finally serving the role of a proper CHUG version of the character (Although oddly no God Fire Guts version yet), it felt like the time to revisit his Cybertronian Knight incarnation from Botcon 2014. This time adding more Masterforce homages to ol' Ginrai rather than just being a straightforward Optimus Prime in Fierier (And Gutsier) colors

I started this before Nemesis Prime was revealed so adding all of the new weapons seemed like it would take too much time and effort, but as a Knight I knew he definitively needed at least needed one sword

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 14
  3. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Chun Li, nice! Fire guts, clever. I think using the nemesis weapons would work well but at least at you chucked in metalhawk. Ooooh, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. The main problem that I have with leader prime is that he’s just prime. If they spiced him up into star convoy or even this I’d love it.

4. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    that ginrai is clever, most people would use orion as inner ginrai and "optimus" as the powermaster mode instead

• Like Like x 1
  5. Primon4723

Primon4723 Autobot

Cool! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Super awesome Ginrai.

• Like Like x 1
  7. XenoTK

As always, thanks for the comments! I really appreciate it
    Well I wanted to do my own distinctive thing should TakaraTomy announce a Fire Guts version of Legends God Ginrai in the near future. In actuality, although the Pirates Vs Knights Ginrai was my primary inspiration I was always a bit disappointed by the way that interpretation of the character made him into a simple repaint of Optimus Prime... Humorously like Nemesis Prime himself, except in orange and red

Although iconic, the Fire Guts God Ginrai set is just an e-Hobby exclusive meant to represent the character using his God Fire Guts attack from the anime, while the Super Collection Figure and Heroes of Cybertron PVC toys represent the same basic thing in their own separate ways. So my idea was to reinsert the Masterforce character of Ginrai back into the Orange Optimus "Knight Ginrai" version... Quite literally. Despite the name the colors for the armored form aren't fully accurate to any previous deco because I envisioned his Leader Class Evolution as a sort of "Warp Digivolution" of Ginrai from his basic Godmaster armor into a form that can unleash the godly firepower of his most powerful form with only one trailer needed (Also he's a Cybertronian Knight, I guess?). Wow, I'm rambling... Time to get back on topic!

A while back I was thinking about Machine Wars Optimus Prime so I decided to take Mastermind Creations Collisus and see what that might look like in those colors. However since a Prime from this mold seems almost inevitable I decided to throw in a second (Much less likely) redeco in there for some fun and variety
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's Universe Menasor! Or Motormaster if you prefer

The unreleased figure's deco works well to contrast with both Thunder Clash and MW Prime's colors so I'm happy with it :D 

Anyway future updates in this thread will probably be small and sporadic for a while. Not that that's unusual for me or anything, but I thought I should say something about it

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  8. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Fantastic man! There’s been a lot of talk that machine wars prime should happen and you can certainly see why. The motormaster is pretty cool as well.

9. Alpha Minor 128

Alpha Minor 128 Semi-Lurker Extraordinaire

YouTube (Legacy):
    I (sort of) used this for a custom of mine. Used the Triggerhappy mold because A. It had one nosecone/cockpit and B. It had a 5mm port on his shoulder to recreate the front of the jet going on his arm.

10. Alpha Minor 128

YouTube (Legacy):
    What was the deal with Paildramon again? I used to watch digimon but I forgot.

11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Any pics?

12. Alpha Minor 128

YouTube (Legacy):
  13. XenoTK

Thanks!
    In my defense the Titan Master vehicle represents Saber's original jet mode, so his vehicle mode doesn't have a traditional nosecone because it represents the other half of Star Saber's alt mode after the jet gets removed

And I hadn't even really considered where it would even plug into the robot mode so you got me there
    He's a DNA Digivolution/"Jogress" of ExVeemon and Stingmon... Basically the result of a dragon-man and an insect-man fusing together so I represented him as a two-part combiner for fun
    Looks good! I'm glad that Topspin's head makes for such a good Saber noggin even unaltered, that's what I was hoping for

Without BotCon and the Collector's Club around, inspiring customs is basically the best I can hope for from my digibashes ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. XenoTK

Alright here's the first of the small and sporadic updates I promised

[​IMG]
    Slowly working my way through the rest of the Seacons... I mean worse case scenario Hasbro beats me to it and then I'm off the hook

Seawing as a heavy remold of Swoop could be a lot more G1 accurate if they reversed the beast mode entirely, with the pterosaur feet becoming the cephalic fins of the manta ray and the beast head becoming the tail. The robot arms could also form the sea monster feet, but I doubt many people would mind if you left those out entirely (Which has the added benefit of better enabling customization options). Nonetheless this simple digibash gets the idea across for now

Anyway that just leaves two more to be limbs for Piranacon and one sorry straggler to be the sixth

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Clever use of swoop into seawing! You gonna do the robot modes or just get through these? Also will you do some more work on snaptrap?

• Like Like x 1
  16. XenoTK

Well first things first I'd at least like to complete enough Seacons for a fully-limbed combiner... Then if Hasbro or TakaraTomy still haven't announced an official Piranacon I'd be willing to expand on each member individually

To be honest digibashes aren't really my priority right now especially with all the non-digibash art projects I should be catching up on, but I would like to do Snaptrap more justice if I can find the time

17. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Right one man, you do you. I doubt anyone is gonna make the seasons especially after potp has been cut short. Keep it up.

18. XenoTK

While I realize that it would be quite difficult for Hasbro to unveil a Piranacon boxset out of the blue one day since the rest of the PotP line basically ended up leaked one way or the other I still can't shake the potentially-paranoid concern that it will still happen. Even if we had definitive confirmation that all the Prime Wars molds were being retired at the end of Power of the Primes, I would still find it hard to believe that they would cut short their G1 combiner-spree (Which let's not forget, included Liokaiser and a brand-new Dinobot combiner) with exactly one Scramble City-compatible team still left unmade. Nonetheless Hasbro clearly has very strange priorities that I won't even claim to be able to understand!

Even so there's still TakaraTomy, who have shown themselves capable of going above and beyond to satisfy the niches Hasbro refuses to fill

Anyway I’ve realized that my plans for the last two Seacons are actually pretty elaborate (And I'm a perfectionist) so this lucky son of a fish gets a whole post just to himself

[​IMG]

The lumpy Blot grimace may not be particularly G1 accurate, but is certainly thematically fitting for a foul-smelling coelacanth man

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  19. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Interesting choice! Really seperates him from overbite when he could so easily be a shark with legs.

They could be in the proposed takara exclusives they said they’d still do. Although he’d be called king poseiden, which I prefer.

20. XenoTK

Even if I hadn't used that version of the mold for Overbite already, using Rippersnapper barely crossed my mind. That figure has a stretched-out look to its alternate mode while my image of Skalor (Being primarily toy-based) is distinctly chunky and squat so using Blot was a no-brainer from the start

I feel like having two near-identical sharks would be a shortcut Hasbro might take, but TakaraTomy would certainly try to deliver a proper "Gulf" figure

Apropos of nothing, here's an Armada Wheeljack.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 19