XenoTech Life Form: Rear Guard

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by destrongerlupus, Sep 18, 2011.

1. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm developing a series of animated video shorts about giant shape changing robots from outer space.

I thought there was a chance the folks on this site might enjoy them.

Latest animation test, much more developed than the early ones:

There are One Million worlds in the known Universe with sapient mechanical life, one of the few things they all agree on, is that energy tastes better in cube form.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    The first episode is getting closer to completion, so here's a BETTER teaser.

I've got it all cropped and zoomed so you can't actually see the more interesting (and currently unfinished) parts of the scene, but this'll give a better taste of what's coming:

XenoTech Life Form: Rear Guard Preview: DrillPress - YouTube

I just finished developing an asset that I thought was so creepy/adorable, that I thought I'd break it out and produce a little "teaser" video which will give some indication of the style I've developed for the series.

So, I present to you, the Eating Habits of the Moon Base Stealth Spider

3. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    What a difference a few months make, I'm actually kind of embarassed to see the early test posted above, but I'm quite proud of my latest animation test, which was focused on lip sync and using hands expressively.

I've got a few scenes built, and we're getting close to the release of the first full episode.

4. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Reactor Cubes

There are One Million worlds in the known Universe with sapient mechanical life, one of the few things they all agree on, is that energy tastes better in cube form.

Delicious Reactor Cubes - YouTube

Needed to create some full-on-3D energy-snacks, 'cause they needed to remain in perspective regardless of camera movement.

I actually am very pleased with how they turned out.