Xenosaga Trilogy - Has anyone played/understood it?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by thefrozenred, Jan 4, 2007.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Finished Xenosaga III: Also sprach Zarathustra about a week ago, and I was fairly impressed, but also somewhat confused. Such as, why was KOS-MOS made in the first place, and why did she have to bond to Shion? I understand the whole Maiden thing, sort of, but it seems pointless. Also, why did Kevin's mother, of all people, control the key to Zarathustra? Why was she important? And Wilhelm was, possibly, the biggest letdown in the entire game, as his origin was left to the audience's imaginations.

Of course, there were some really nice things I liked - such as what appeared to be Nephilim and Abel inheriting the spirits/abilities of Mary and chaos, respectively. Also, the role of the Testaments, and why they existed, was nicely illustrated as well. Wilhelm's master plot made sense, too, albeit somewhat anti-climatic.

Naturally, the inclusion of Weltall made me extraordinarily pleased as well.

I know there are other Xenogears fans here, but what about people who've played the whole Xenosaga trilogy through? Any input on the above mentions would be great. :) 

2. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I've played and solved the first two. Can't find the third one anywhere. None of the stores around me carry it.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

played 1...didnt really like it, way too much watching than actual playing. never finished it.
    need to play 2...always put it back on the shelf
    cant find 3 anywhere

and i guess 4 (would be Xenogears), still considered the best.

but i do plan on getting Xenosaga I & II for the DS if it comes out and Xenosaga II and Xenosaga III for the PS2 if i can find it.

4. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

When it released Best Buys had them for a long ass time. East Side could not sell them if they were 5 bucks and incuded a Gift Card.

5. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I don't suppose they still have any? :) 

6. OmegaScourge

i'll buy any game for $5 and a gift card...even those i already have :D 

7. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Wow, really...? That's really disappointing, and (I'd guess) an indication that the series really is, finally, finished.

I was kind of impressed, though, when a couple days after launch, my local Best Buy STILL had copies with its "exclusive" T-elos/KOS-MOS holographic cover in stock.

I'm really surprised no one else has played through to XS3. It's a pretty good game.

8. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Doubt it, but I can check next time I am there. Should be there next Tuesday or the Tuesday after this upcoming one.

I think alot of people were turned off at how dam long the Cutscenese where in the first game of the series. Then the 2nd one came out with alot less hype, so by the 3rd one alot of people had no clue about the story.

Much like the 4 .Hack titles.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've played the first one, not started the second yet so obviously III is waiting for that.

It's actually the fifth, where Xenosaga I-III is just the first one. Confused enough yet? GameFAQs has a whole long thing about the original six Xenosaga games and what 1-4 were meant to be.
    IIRC, the fourth originally would have been Krellian et al, but that was with the second being the whole thing with Abel and the third being something in between involving Solaris. None of which happens in Xenosaga (to my knowledge).

10. OmegaScourge

i know they were planning to do a whole 6 title series (with Xenogears being one of them)...but something happened, and only the first three came about....

which sucks cause if XG is the 5th episode, they should at least make the 4th...

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, like I said, the first three deviated from the plan anyway, so you probably wouldn't have seen Xenogears, at least not the Xenogears you played before. Plus, Xenogears included a lot of the stuff from other episodes that was relevant to it to make a complete game of it, so really it stands on its own. The fact that Xenosaga even exists is awesome, and I'm sort of glad they don't completely overlap or anything, since it lets them both be games in their own right.