xbox360 live set up help please

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TFareCool, Aug 24, 2009.

1. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    hey guys. I have pm'd a few of you but i really need some help. I have a sb5101 SURFboard modem. and a dell optiplex 330 comp.

In the manual all it says to do is plug the ethernet (connected to 360 one end)
    in the modem. I don't care if i don't have internet on the comp when i use it.

I do that a jack crap happens. I have tested, looked on xbox .com

i need help.

I even manually put in all my info because it would fill out on auto. i try to configure a network. doesn't work...

I really need help. if any of you know a step by step process that shows how to do it with just a modem (like in the manual) please help...

I go back to school on Wednesday and i don't have that much time left. please help me out.

ps i am really new about gaming (360) and never did anything online with the ps2 slim.

2. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    Please please help me out i am desperate!

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    1. You need to have internet coming in to your home. For I, I have a wireless broadband service.

2. Have everything connecting so you can access the internet on the PC. Access the internet on that PC, This is just a test to see you can actually connect to the internet.

3. On a working router/modem plug an additional ethernet cable into the back of it and the other end into your xbox 360. OR. Purchase a wireless adaptor for your Xbox 360 if you are running wireless.

4. Turn on your Xbox and go to network settings in the system menu.

5. From there you can make an internet connection by follwing its inscructions and putting in your SSID number of the router and WEP/WPA key to allow the Xbox to access it.

6. Purchase either Xbox live Gold or start Xbox live Silver free service from the welcome menu.

Thats all from memory as i'm currently at work and can't verify it for you, but i'm pretty sure its close to how its done.

Also you can go to places like youtube to get step by step help and how to connect your xbox to the internet. Just search for Xbox 360 Live set up or something to that affect, I strongly suggest you use those videos if your having problems.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

He's not using a router Recall.

We use the SB5101's at work. Pretty much the only thing he needs to do is make sure the Xbox is set the auto detect and reset the modem by pulling out the power cord for about 20 seconds. Unless his ISP has it set up weird, it should work. And make sure its not in standby, button on the top or front that cuts off the internet. Pretty much a useless button unless you're troubleshooting a NIC issue.