xbox360 cooler

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by eatwood, Feb 20, 2007.

1. eatwood

eatwood Well-Known Member

i got my 360 last week, and i notice the 360 gets pretty warm. Does anyone know how well the nyko intercooler work or Pelican xbox cooler? Which is better? Also, there was some review on ebgames, says the intecooler kills the system. So, i am debuting if i should get it. Thanks

2. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Hear abtou them killign system alot mroe than actually helping it. Mine is exposed not suck on shelves so it gets plenty of air and have not had a heat issue with it that way.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Got mine Friday. I have it sitting on a desk, out in the open. Doesn't seem to get all that warm.

My main problem is the amount of noise the thing generates when running a disc :lol 

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I have Nyko's Itercooler. Its pretty damn loud but if you're playing a game its not as noticable, its pretty distracting while watching a movie. You can definatley feel the air flow (and the air being pulled into the system). I have had some problems in the fans working together since it'll sometims start moving the system's fans before they've actually started up causing them to make a whirring noise.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Mine still does that with Oblivion real bad. Does it with other games too but it stops making the noise after a few minutes.

It get pretty warm, almost hot. Fell asleep one night and didnt notice I left in on until the next day, but it was cool then, I guess it's just the games that gets mine hot

6. eatwood

eatwood Well-Known Member

it seems like there are both pros and cons. SHould i really spend the 20 bucks to get it?

7. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Those things are a waste of money. All the Xbox 360's get hot, they don't need a cooler. If they did they would have an official Xbox one that would cost half the price of the system.

8. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    Don't get either of them cause they really don't work. If your xbox isn't telling you that it is too hot then don't worry about it and keep it where it is. But if it is over heating it is much easier to relocate it. And don't put it on the carpet that's a big no-no, unless that is the only place then get a piece of tile or glass to place under it for it to sit on. Oh, and no confined spaces, like a small entertainment center with less the six inches of space on all sides.

9. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

My Vision Camera gets just as hot as my 360 if it matters.

10. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

You can set the 360 to turn off after 6 hours of being idle.

11. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    just leave your 360 in an open area and you should be fine, don't waste your dough on that cooling crap, I have heard more cons than pros :thumb 

12. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

I have an intercooler but took it off after hearing about problems with them. I have mine completly in the open so heat build up is not a problem.

The problem with the intercooler is that it syphons power that the system is especting. Since the power supply puts out x amount of power. Then the xbox is looking for x amount of power. Then in steps the intercooler and takes a little amount out of that power. Which makes the xbox get x - y = less than it expects.

I do not recomend them at all.

13. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

When I first got mine, It would always freeze up, and I never knew why. Finally I just set it on top of my entertainment center, and not in one of the little cubbies, and it worked perfectly fine.

It just needs the ventilation.