xbox360 & access point question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by cobra zartan, Nov 12, 2008.

1. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Decided I wanna give live a tryout and see if I like it, but ran into some issues. I cant find the 360 wireless card anywhere in the city and i dont wanna string cable all over my place. I was digging around in my spare pc crap box and I found a spare asus wireless router and figured I could set it up as an access point and plug it into my 360 and id be able to get online. Don't know anything about the 360 or how it needs to be configured but if anyone here has done what im trying to do and wouldnt mind pointing me in the right direction id be greatfull :D 

2. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently set mine up myself and i had no clue how to do it but i eventually did it. You have to go into your settings for xbox and then click on what kind of connection you have. After that it should have a test option to see if you have a wireless access point installed on your xbox. After that type in the name of your wireless access point and your password for your router and you should be able to get online!

3. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    I dont get those setting at all, once I have the ethernet plugged in I cant access the wireless settings in the xbox. Ill have to give it another go after work.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I believe you have to configure the router on a computer first. There are all kinds of tutorials out there on how to do it, but I think very few routers can actually do it.

I'm not really positive. I fooled with it a little once, until I realized that what I had to spend (not to mention time and headache) to get it to work was only slightly less than just buying the damned $100 adapter.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  5. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Did that MMM, I got it all figured out. Truns out that when your not half asleep things are much easier :D  I had to turn the damn thing into a bridge not an AP :D 

6. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weird when i connected mine i did it a totally different way. Glad you got it working :) .

7. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Cooooool! Congrats Cobra! What's your XBL Gamertag? I need to shoot more peo... I mean meet more people.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You should have been able to do it in either configuration, but as long as you got it working that's all that matters.

However, I wonder how MegaMoonMan's being awake or asleep had anything to do with it. :) 

9. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Sorry I should of said I was half asleep when I first tried, also forgot to turn dhcp off and add my 360s ip to the dmz list. Works great now :D