Xbox/ps3 fridays

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by ladywreck, Oct 15, 2010.

1. ladywreck

ladywreck comic wrecking goodness

The first Xbox/PS3 Friday has just come to a close and it was very successful! There were only a handful of players on all day... some popped on for an hour, others for longer. But the best play I have to say was this evening between 8 pm and 1:30 am PST when we got to play several rounds of Escalation with a few of the guys from right here at TFW2005 forum. (You guys ROCK!)

Definitely thinking this is gonna have to be done again if we can pull it all together and even if we get just a small group together it'll still be tons of fun!!

Gonna try this again in TWO WEEKS!!

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 5TH, 2010!
    All day! Whenever you can get on till whenever you drop! Or they pry the game pad from your cold dead fingers!!

2. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

Interestingly enough I somehow managed to party up with a few good friends from my list, not necessarily this board, although Langrisser did get the party started and we ran a marathon on Forsaken. In the end, it was myself and MrGreen75 left and we were wiped out by fatigue and yet another one of those blasted Brutes in Wave 48. My bad for not having Energon Grenades in my pocket as I should have...

I was relieved we finally died to some degree because I had to work 3 hours later. Here I am at work typing about it. LOL

3. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

Wasn't able to get on yesterday. Recently finally got a job, and it's been kicking my ass and once I get home the thought of even using my brain for games even makes me more exhausted, lol. Though I shall try my best for Nov 5th!

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

That last stretch was pretty awesome and it was a lot of fun. You are a very good Escalation player! We made it to wave 17 on Broken Hope and I think 12 or 13 on Forsaken? Still we did pretty good. I'll definately try to be available in 2 weeks, maybe we can make it even further.

5. ladywreck

Thanks. I really do love that Escalation part of the game. That would be awesome if we can make it further next time round!

6. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry I missed it. I hope to be there in 2 weeks!

7. transtrekkie

I definately think we could get further. You mentioned you have both DLC, I'd like to take on Pulse. I tried that last night solo and wave 1 starts with 1 tank and 10 bugs!

Jadryx, I'll send the invite when I get on.

8. nehushtan

The key to getting far in Forsaken is getting to the overshield room and camping there with Zeta Prime. Air Raid and Arcee are great for rescuing downed players and resupplying themselves when ammo runs thin. Anyone with shield (Jazz, Silverbolt) would be ideal to block out excessive cover fire should a Brute prove too much for you from fatigue (later waves). You need to keep energon grenades handy to bail out a teammate in a tight spot and camp in the overshield room. I am currently working on a map for this map too.

9. ladywreck

So another successful Xbox Friday has just come to a close. I've been playing for about 13 hours? Something like that. And I can't think of a better time while I'm still on my buzz of adrenaline to write a short recap of what exactly took place this evening! Mostly... it's was robotic gory FUN filled with smart ass comments and amazingly enough real fan talk about our favorite subject! BooYEAH!

So the first part of the game play was all campaign since I have not yet gone through campaign for medium or hard. And I got several achievements, which is really awesome! Shortly after dinner time the crew I was playing campaign mode on had to call it a night and I switched to Escalation and coincidently that's when a few TFW2005 fans jumped online. So the rest of the evening was spent in good honest team fun!

We decided that if Bay was to be a character in WFC, he'd be a Brute because he goes out with explosive glory! And the age old advice to keep in mind when playing WFC.... he or she who shoots first lives the longest!

And on that note... I bid you adieu!
    :thumbs2: 

In two weeks we'll probably do this again... Which also means it may be on the XP weekend, if they follow suit with what they have done for the last few months... the 3rd weekend is always the XP weekend.

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 19th, 2010! If you can come and join in the fun!
    Also follow my twitter account, because I tweet when I'm online... pm me for my gamertag if you don't already have it! It'll be all day or all evening, whenever people start showing up online is when this party starts!

10. Mxprime

Mxprime Banned

I just got back into WFC and need people to play with XD I'll be sure to attend the next friday :'D

11. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping to make it into the next round on the 19th.
    Some guy also posted on another forum that there is 2X XP after 6pm (every day?). I seriously doubt it because he doesn't seem like a reliable source AT ALL and there hasn't been any official announcements, but since I haven't played in a while I thought I'd confirm. Has anyone noticed anything like this?

12. transtrekkie

It was a lot of fun this last Friday. We were doing pretty good on Broken Hope until I got the brainy idea that Ladywreck should have a repair ray and we got stuck in the scrapmaker room... and promptly died.

I was soloing BH last night and made it to wave 9. I would have gotten further if there hadn't been a brute standing right on the overshield station :( 

I haven't noticed any point multiplyers but I haven't played the MP games since the last boost when everyone maxed Prime Mode. Getting bullied about the map makes it nigh impossible to level up so I've given up and been thoroughly enjoying escalation ever since.

13. nehushtan

Broken Hope strategy is fairly simple. Do not open the door to the bridge or the door that leads down stairs on the far side. Focus on the portal and the stair case. Have someone cover the air for birds (Jets) on the mini bridge between the Overshield Station and the Ammo Station. Work and move in groups of two always when you see a Titan, Brute, and Shotgunner. Don't waste your points on a healing ray and buy healing grenades instead. When a partner goes down and is surrounded by enemies chuck a grenade. Use characters with shield or cloaking for rescuing teammates.

There is a way get into the 2500 pt room without paying for it. =)

14. Langrisser

Langrisser Crawling Chaos

News Credits:
    While i do go into a game thinking if a person is a prime i should show respect and caution. Reasoning behind that is the time it takes to become a prime. After all practice makes perfect right? For some yes and for others sadly not so much. I have run into many primes that have fallen before me like a common drone, truly unworthy of such a title. Anyway ego aside lol. Abilities from leveling do help a bit, but not enough to turn a bad player into a good one. Now if you are having problems i am sure there are ways to fix that.

15. transtrekkie

Do you mean the staircase with the thermo mines? I've actually found that opening the other staircase across from the minibridge allows better control of enemies. This theory would probably carry more wheight if I'd actually survived a game past wave 18 though. Scrapmaker room is a death trap though. I've generally found that multiple players with repair rays are pretty effective though, I was in one match on Forsaken where we made it to wave 17 before once again, my brainy ass had to go and do something stupid to screw it up.

16. transtrekkie

I've made it to Prime Mode, but I don't have everything maxed out, my Leader and Soldier classes still have several levels to go before I get there. My problem is running into people that have completely maxed it out. In that situation, my level 6 soldier isn't going to beat a level 25 Leader. At least not without several deaths before it happens. That's a very frustrating experience and I won't play games that are frustrating. The other thing too is that with all the boosting weekends that HM has had means that not everyone who's maxed Prime Mode has gotten there by being good at it. It just always feels like someone who's maxed everything can look at me crosseyed and kill me while I have to use at least 3 lives and unload clip after clip of ammo before they go down. It's just so enormously one sided that it's not even fun anymore.

17. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Is anyone with PS3 doing this? I'd like to put Black Ops away once in awhile and go back to some 'bot slaughterin'.

18. transtrekkie

I got the impression from the title that ladywreck may have a ps3, but I've only played on the xbox. I do not have a ps3 yet.

19. nehushtan

No, that one is fine.

It's the one on the other side with the Flak grenades that needs to remain shut. In fact, you should never go into that room except to get ammo but should never go past the ammo station since that triggers the portal to spawn enemies.

Yes, it is.

A good habit for you to develop is to keep 1 or 2 weak enemies (cloaker) or maybe a strong slow enemy (titan) alive at the end of the wave so that you can go resupply or purchase weapons for yourself or any new players. This will keep you from getting stuck in a room like that at the beginning of a wave. This strategy is very effective in maps like Forsaken or District if you can get into the "camping" rooms.

You have to camp in the Overshield room in Forsaken if you want to successfully get far on this map. Having too many people with healing rays is overkill and counter productive. That tells me you are struggling to survive and relying on an energon ray to keep you going another wave. You need to have Scrapmakers and maybe 2 guys with a Magma Frag Launcher. Maybe one medium to long range shooter (PBS recommended) and then 1 Energon Repair Ray. I don't think the Ray is necessary though because you are in a room with Energon grenades and Overshields so you have more than enough supplies.

Zeta Prime is a must if you are camping though because you are so far away from ammo stations that you will need him to get through tough waves.

20. ladywreck

Sadly I don't have a PS3... Just Xbox 360 Live.

I have only been putting PS3 players in touch with other PS3 players that I know of. I think I've run into at least one on each of the forums I've advertised on.... MB2.org, tformers, and the Nerdsphere.

As for the XP weekends... this is just my opinion and what I've observed since August... it seems that every 3rd Friday is XP weekend. So that would put this next XP weekend the same as Xbox Friday. I don't know how it will play out, just gonna show up and start playing and see how it goes. And of course, report back after. =>