Xbox/ps3 fridays

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by ladywreck, Oct 15, 2010.

1. ladywreck

ladywreck comic wrecking goodness

Okay so I've been thinking about this for a while... so bear with me a min...

I really like playing WFC with friends but lately I've not seen a lot of playing on it and of course, not with friends. (Everyone is busy and such and probably found other games to play too.) I think it is safe to say that everyone who has an Xbox/PS3 who plans on getting a copy of WFC has gotten it by now. Which is why I got this idea. Let's start organizing some Fridays to play with others then? I mean if that's your cup of tea like me...

I picked Friday because it's sort of the weekend without being the weekend... so if you want to get some game time with friends you can on Friday evening after work but not take up a Sat or Sun when maybe you might want to go do something else or ... maybe another day would work.. I'm just throwing it out there... (You have to admit... Xbox Fridays has a nice ring to it?)

I personally don't want to do this every Friday because there are Fridays I'm busy on and of course the whole time difference thing... So maybe every other Friday, once a month, or maybe anyone interested please PM me (or post in this thread) and if we can get a few ring leaders to participate and help organize game time that would make it possible for a weekly game play? That would rock! (AND I only have an xbox so obviously a PS3 gamer wouldn't feel the love... anyone want to take point on that side of things?)

So tomorrow is Friday but I figured that I'd give this thread a week and see how everyone responds to it. I think that it may take a few weeks to get people into this or not... and we don't necessarily HAVE to play WFC either... Just a default setting for now. And now I just learned there is 10x XP this Friday... DOH!

Anyhow... anyone interested... post in the thread... I may see if I can't get some of the other forums into this idea as well? So maybe we can have a day of Transfans playing Xbox/PS3!

That would be cool...

FRIDAY OCTOBER 22nd! Will be our first game play...
    I'm in AZ and I'm organizing this on a few other forums so I plan to get online as early as 10 am MST

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Wow. What is your gamertag? You need to get on my friends list like yesterday :p 

I'd totally be down for playing with ya. Hopefully this weekend even what with the 10x xp :) 

As for the meets, just depends when. Time difference and all

3. ladywreck

ladywreck <--my gamertag

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Genius! Lol

C ya round teh Xbox intarwebz!

5. Vormund

Vormund Member

I was actually thinking about this myself.

I don't know whether you guys remember the "Tribes" games, but the community used to have (and still does I think) what we call a "pick-up game" or PUG.

Basically what you described. A set time for people to play. And frankly, because the games were full of people wanting to play the game properly, they were the best matches outside of clan matches you could have. And this for what was otherwise a small player base.

btw for me the time isn't great, it's 03:30am here at that time. (Maybe go through in the afternoon for us aussies, it would be morning here)

6. ladywreck

Actually that's when I'm starting online BUT I'll be on ALL DAY! I'm getting on then because that's when my friends in the UK are on during their evening. When they get off I'll probably take a break for an hour and then get back on to play for another several hours as my US friends start getting online for their evening...

Eventually it will be Aussie Saturday by my evening at some point... and I'm sure some Aussie friends can jump on to play with the behind the day players.
    =D

It'll all work out in some way. And hopefully more people will take suit and show up on a regular basis too so I won't be the only one responsible for spurring game play. If anyone wants to help out... feel free to chime in.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I can do a few evenings as I'm one of those UK guys LadyWreck mentioned. PSN is solfury, won't be on every week depending on work commitments, but it'll be much more fun to play online with you guys.

Be warned I'm pretty much Waspinator grade in terms of abilities :p 

8. ladywreck

I think it may be safe to say that many of us aren't extremely skilled because I feel exactly the same way. =>

9. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

I'm down to do this when I can. I think it would be fun. If you get on Xbox Live anytime soon send me a message and add me. I may be available tonight if you're gonna be on. If you're not on before me I'll add ya.

10. SentaiRick

SentaiRick Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Count me in - gettin tired of the kiddies getting all mad cause i've beat em and losing my rep that much more... rather play with some freinds.. my gamertag's Sentairick - lady, I'll get you added today. :) 

11. Vormund

Vormund Member

Maybe we could start getting some names down for this? As well as the platform you are playing, and what DLC packs you have.

eg: Vormund - 360 - DLC 1&2

So what we need is 2 teams of 5 to get this started. (or maybe just 8 people in a party?) Not a big ask. Maybe we can get a game of Countdown to Extinction going. :D 

12. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind doing this. Though I just unlocked Prime mode and all my stats are reset to zero. Also I'm a so-so player. But I wouldn't mind participating.

My Xbox gametag is Shumworld

13. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Are we talking about a Private game ? I never tried a private game but I assume XP points still can be earned , correct ?

I want to try some good team play as well.. since I am weak in Scientist and Soldier class...

PS3 - clonemngr

14. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

Platform: PS3

DLC: 1 & 2

PSN: RX-93v2_Hi-Nu

I am pretty much always playing Escalation which gets priority due to its sheer awesomeness. If you want to play MP that's fine too... just hit me up and let me know if you add its from TFW2005.

Active players only.. I hate having a long friend list of folks who don't play the game anymore.

15. ladywreck

eg: ladywreck - 360 - DLC 1&2

I figured we'd just get online and get into an xbox party and see who shows up? Like I said I'll be off and on all day long... just let me know that your from TFW2005. But we can organize ahead of time too.

This last weekend was great with the 10x XP. I've been tracking the weekends they have these and I think the next one will be the 3rd Friday of November... and so far they have been increasing their level of experience... I believe Aug was 4x, Sept 5x, and this month 10x... maybe next month, more?

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Well it you guys see me online and wanna hit some escalation (i haven't given that mode enough attention!) then shoot me a message or invite or somethin :) 

Gamertag in my Sig

17. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Grr..double post

18. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I'd be down for some team play
    GT: Shockwave1701 360 DLC 1&2

Coop campaign is pretty fun too, but I'm down for anything.

19. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I'm online on Friday/s I'll join in!
    GT - Jadryx
    360 - DLC 1

I'm in CO and will usually get online sometime between 8:30 and 9:30pm MST (depends on when the kiddos go to bed)

20. Vormund

Vormund Member

I've added all the 360 users :) 

Won't be on for too much tomorrow, work asked me to help out for an extra few hours tomorrow, you'll probably be sleeping when I get back :/