Xbox now? Or Xbox later?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Nutcrusher, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    I was soooooooo set on getting an Xbox yesterday with Dell's 15% off sale + Microsoft's $50 rebate which would've totaled $205 for a brand new Xbox Elite.

But sadly Dell's Elites all sold out by the time I came back home. Now the MS rebate's still going on till the Oct 5th, which makes me wonder if I'll ever see a deal like that soon.

It's unlikely that I'll ever see a price like that on a PS3.

And I do want an Xbox eventually. But I'm still wondering if $250 Elite is worth making decision now. It seems like an impulse purchase.

Or should I just save up for the $350 (after rebate) SEXbox with the 250GB HD? I don't even know if I'll ever fill it up that much.

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

The "sexbox" won't be out until the netflix rebate is over. You might as well pull the trigger now.

3. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Get it now unless your gonna theme your entire gaming area around the MW2 paint scheme and guns around.

4. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Wait. I've heard rumors of further price reduction.

I have an elite and about 25 games and barely used 30GB of space so unless you're thinking about putting all your music or something on it i'd get the elite.

5. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Really? I was wondering that too, but I didn't think that it was going to be anything greater than $50 reduction in price.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Not worth getting IMO.

I own all the current gen platforms (PC, 360, Wii, PS3, DS, and PSP) and the 360 I can honestly say is far and away the one worth owning the least, its really not got much in the way of exclusive game content worth making mention of, and anything it has not on the other consoles, odds are you can get on the PC and have the better experience with. Plus LIVE is a ripoff and a waste of money. If you have to get a home console, seriously go for the PS3 (and this is coming from someone that for the longest time swore against the console until it finally was worth it, and to me that was last year), maybe a Wii alongside it. 360 is passable.

7. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Uuh....

I have to say pretty much the complete opposite from him. I too own all the new stuffs, and the 360 is where it's at. The PS3 is a good idea too, but thats not really the discussion here.

8. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I'd have to agree with Atomsplitter.

At one point, I had all the new consoles, and the 360 was the one that I and the family enjoyed the most, with the Wii coming in second. The DS gets a lot of play by my son and oldest daughter. The PSP is just basically used for watching UMD's on long trips. The PS3 gathered dust, so we sold it. Might be a bit different if you watch alot of blu ray movies(we don't).

9. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Bah, to each his own. I vastly prefer the PS3 for its features and exclusives, but I still want to get a 360. My opinion on the system might change once I get hands-on experience with it. I also have a DS and a PSP and the PSP gets much more play time.

10. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Well. I'm not set on getting other consoles. And it's mostly been about $.$.

I was just wondering if $250 be a good deal for it.

11. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I think that getting an Xbox now, either elite or regular, is one of the best times to get the system.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why save the fun for later, when you can get it now?!?