Xbox LIVE, Negative Feedback?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by tikgnat, Dec 26, 2007.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So on a whim I decided to check my Rep on XBL, I figured it would be 100% preferred or did not submit a review of me. I mean, it was 100% when I was going on Halo 3 and PGR4. Sweet I figured. I'm a nice gamer.

Hell, I pride myself on being a good sportsman, I don't intentionally drop, if I lose, its right there in my record. My Virtua Fighter 5 record is 50% win/lose, if I lose, good for you, you beat me fair and square (unless it was lag, in which case booo!) If I think I just had a good fight, I'll send a quick message of congratulation, I even get friendly replies, which is muy nice.

But today I checked my Rep, 37% of people have avoided me. 37%!?!? WTF? And apparently 25% of that was because I was overly aggressive (75% must have had no reason?) And it all must be in Virtua Fighter 5, because its the only game I've been playing online recently.

Lemme reiterate that for a second. Overly Aggressive in Virtua Fighter. A game where people hit each other. Repeatedly and painfully. What? I'm meant to sing and dance? Is there even that move? (Uhh, sing... hmm. Dance? Nope. Can't see them. Maybe Dural has those.)

Now actually some complete strangers have asked to be friends with me, from VF5. I like to play non ranked matches (because there is no pressure) to sharpen up and simply try new tactics. Just because its FUN. I get the feeling I'm not the only one, I play with a few regular folk on VF5 just for laughs.

But suddenly I start to get negative feedback, all I can figure is it comes from people I've beaten?, Or Japanese people whose matches get hit by lag. Well, I get hit by lag too? Or maybe revenge feedback from that guy who I was thrashing the hell out of and dropped early (which I find most annoying, I fought him just previously, and he beat me fair and square. On the rematch he drops when I'm winning. Urgh.)

But I digress. The actual point of this little rant is what is your feedback? Do people leave you Neg just because they're pissed they lost? Can you do anything about it? I'm annoyed because I try to be a decent player, one that people can have fun playing. But if some frickin' homophobe nine year old racist bigot can simply leave me neg feedback just 'because he beat me' then maybe I should just go online and make a nuisance out of myself.

For shits and giggles. Or should I simply swallow my anger and deal with it, it is the internet after all. Counterstrike was always pretty harsh. Thoughts?

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Well, it only counts the feedback you got. So, 1 guy does it and suddenlyl 37% avoid you.

I leave bad feedback for : douchebags, racist comments, poor sports, mic spammers, and whiney 13 year olds.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I think I have one for disruptive communications from playing UMK3 and I never used a mic. One for overly agressive, and one for trash talking even though my mics always muted unless I'm playing with friends.

I leave feedback a whole lot (and usually send a complaint too) mostly for people that overly curse (why I leave myself muted since I tend to do so), people who are generally annoying on the mic, people who quit out when they're losing (1 on 1 or small teams only), team killing, using exploits, and being an idiot in general.

4. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Most kids that lose on Xbox Live kick and scream and say the person that beat them is cheating. It might sound stupid, but I've seen it (kid was crying and screaming). You beat someone, they're probably gonna leave negative feedback because you beat them, and they don't like losing.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

My feedback isn't as bad as yours, but I got shit from some French dudes for quitting early in a game of Worms after they all buried themselves and subsequently girdered themselves in. BORING.

I've got bad feedback for totally dominating games in Halo 3, for calling people out for being racist pricks, and just for playing the game. People are morons.

I've only deserved bad feedback for one thing, and the guy didn't leave me any. What a twat.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    same here. Make a pain in the ass of yourself and I'll leave bad feedback. If you are a good friend I'll leave positive.

7. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    How do you check your feedback?

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Click your gamercard from the menu and select the View Rep/Feedback option.

9. Tfgraveyard

News Credits:
    ah, thanks. :) 

10. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Bring your profile up, and click rep. I send feedback for the same reasons as Twin. Before Halo 3 I was a perfect 100%. Then after the first night of Halo 3, it started to drop. Its always Trash Talking, which I do very litlte of, and only rip into peopel that think they are the almight god even before it starts or think they are the best Singer int eh world, yet cant get past the street curb asking for nickels and dimes.

11. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Same here. Except I have like 46% Negative feedback. WTF??

12. Tfgraveyard

News Credits:
    Hmmm.....couldn't check mine. Said "Can't retrieve info", or something along those lines.

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I got a 5 star rep but I got a 65% avoided feedback. Mostly for unsporting. Probably because in Halo 3 Team Doubles, me and my buddy like to get a couple kills in the lead then hide. It's funny as hell and I LOL'd from my feedback since I instantly knew what it was from.

14. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

If I were able to sign into XBL at all today, I'd let you know

15. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Finally able to log in.

100% preferred

0% avoided.

Though all my "details" are at 0%, so I'm not sure anyone's ever submitted a review on me.

Rock Band, and I think Fight Night Rd. 3 are the only games I've played online though.

16. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I got some hate that sprang up out of the wild recently; 80+/20- got called on unsporting play. Which I'll cop to, it probably came out of Halo 3. I've got a bad habit, where if I'm on the receiving end of a hard time -- be it in singles or team play, I'll start smacking around the corpses of anybody I've downed and riddling them with a bunch of extra shots to accentuate my point. So, fair ball.

17. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I take XBL feedback about as seriously as I take physical threats on the internet (ie: I prep for children trying to break down my door). If you play anything vaguely competitive online, someone WILL decide you are the scourge of the internet and try to put a stop to you by complaining. :( 

18. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

XBL seems to consist of some of the most mature and intelligent people I've ever met.

:lol 

On my first day of playing the Xbox, I had a guy screaming at me while we were playing Guitar Hero. Good times.

Also, the average age on there must be 12.

19. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What on earth does someone scream about in GH?!

"YOU AREN'T ROCKING ENOUGH WTF"

20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hmm. So Negative feedback isn't that uncommon... I guess the sweetest revenge is just to get better at your games and pwn those 9 year olds.

And I take XBL feedback seriously (well, reasonably) because I actually made an effort to be a good sport, and when some dickwad ruins my rep because I beat them, well, that sucks balls.

Although... now that I think about it there were a couple of times where I would play someone on VF5, and he would beat me. I would find them again and play again, and then beat them, maybe they thought I was chasing them down and thus being 'overly aggressive'?

But its not like you get much choice in VF5 player matches. Hmm. It must just be from these ranked matches, I've found the unranked matches are far more relaxed and friendly.