Xbox Live Gold (360) question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by CheetahDC, Nov 18, 2006.

1. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

Okay, I have a really really odd question. My younger brother wants to migrate his Xbox Live account over to my Xbox 360. Now, would I be able to disassociate his account from my Xbox 360 (and for that matter, my original Xbox, which his account is on)?
    What I'm trying to say is, would my 360 (or my original) be forever connected to his name and his actions on the account? Are hardware and Xbox Live accounts forever intertwined, or can the connections between hardware and accounts be severed? I'm not worried about him doing anything bad, it's just that these are -my- systems. And I'm tired of him bothering me about it.

2. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    You can migrate accounts very easily. If anything weird were to happen, you can always call customer support and do it the old fashioned way.

3. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

Migrating accounts doesn't worry me. It's the other thing I mentioned. ^^;

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, I think that the account will be bound to his profile.

So therefore you can have your own profile with your own XBox Live account, while he has his own profile with his own XBox Live account.

You just have to make sure he profile is the one loaded when you do it.

I think.

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Short. No, Live accounts are not tied to each console and can be transfered to another console at any time. MS actually lets you save the account to a memory card to take with you and use your account and downloaded Arcade games and the such on someone elses console.

You'll have the option of choosing Live accounts (which also saves your general console settings). I'm unsure of Save Files, I believe each account can load saves regardless of which account was signed in at the time. You can delete an account at any time (in the Memory setting on the System blade). I migrated a friends Gold account to my 360 and downloaded Texas Hold 'em since he was out of town and couldnt get it for free. Deleteed his profile and he just had to relink it to his console (it said he would lose all save games but did not).