xbox controller not working on PC

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by 9.8m/s^2, Jul 13, 2010.

1. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

I'm trying to get my 360 controller to work with the PC version, but the controller isn't shown as an option in the game. The controller is definitely installed; Windows installed a driver and properly identifies the controller in Device Manager. Is there some game setting I'm missing?

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There are a couple things that you need to know about the 360 controller on PC. First if you are using a wireless controller and a charge cable, it won't work. The charge cable only carries power not data. So you either need the 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver or a wired 360 controller.

Since you said you have the drivers and such already I assume you are using one of those options.

Past that I can only theorize. Make sure the game is even capable of using a controller. It should say on the back if it can. If it doesn't you'll need something like joy2key to trick it.

3. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Window's will recognize the controller, but you'll still need to download the 360 controller drivers from microsoft for most applications to detect it properly.