xbox 360- what? no reliability?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, May 14, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/18623

6 ideas to make the 360 better and reliability wasn't even mentioned. that is like going to a cockroach infested Burger King and telling the manager they are outta napkins at your table.

2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Apparently HIS 360 has been reliable so he didn't feel the need to mention it. I agree with his points, and I'm curious about that new chip.

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    To be fair, the first point he makes is about a better cooling system to help eliminate the RRoD and states that over heating has been a serious 'thorn in the 360's side.'

From everything that I have gathered, isn't that the primary issue of reliability with the 360, overheating leading to RRoD? Mine has done it once after a power failure / surge but recovered immediately afterward so I can't say for sure.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Yep. Fixing the RRoD was the first thing on his list. He just listed it under "better cooling system" rather than something obvious like "reliability" or "fix the damn RRoD".

5. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I agree with all the points he made. I love my Xbox, despite getting the RROD on mine once and having to get it repaired. I don't know about the slimmer design as a real necessity, but the everything else would be awesome.