Xbox 360 VGA cable info/Queries?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by tikgnat, Apr 22, 2007.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Heyup, basically I have a 360, a VGA cable and a LCD HDTV that goes comfortably up to 720p without problems.

Using a VGA cable with my 360 gives me a much clearer picture than with the component cables, so nothing wrong there.

The problem though, is that the VGA cable forces the console to output at 50hz, (50fps). Any idea why it does this?

On all my games so far (like PGR3, and even Gears of War) there are absolutely no problems, everything is as hunky dory as can be, but the moment I throw in my latest game Dead Rising, (or a borrowed copy of Lost Planet) I experience the effect known as frame ripping, basically when the frame sync between the tv and the console are out and I get 2 frames on screen, with a 'rip' between the two.

I'm going to assume that this is because the Capcom games don't support 50hz, and have been designed specifically for 60hz... fair enough I suppose. But my query is, what can I do about it?

The picture quality through the VGA is so much better than component, so I'm willing to live with the occassional frame rip, but I'd rather not have it at all.

Any clues?

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

when i first got my 360 i couldnt pay the 60hz only games, as it was set to 50 and there was no option to change it to 60. i had to connect via a/v or scart and then set it to 60hz, turn it off and then plug in the component cables. its probably been fixed w the latest updates though.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hmm, thats just it, component looks poop compared to VGA, and its not been fixed as far as I know...

Argh.