Xbox 360 Takes Console Throne in Japan

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DevilzFan, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FALSE STATEMENT IS FALSE. FFXIII is getting an Asian release, but not a Japan specific release on 360. An Asian release would still be accessible to Japanese players just fine @_@

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm more excited about Star Ocean than FF13, and SO is a "paid" Xbox exclusive, despite every prequel being on a PS machine. I can't freekin wait for the remake on PSP.

3. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Yikes, caps lock and all. Anyhow, in Japan it is still a PS3 exclusive, correct? Also I assume you meant to yell about FFXIII, unless you are talking about FFXII which we aren't.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And FF13 Versus is PS3 exclusive everywhere, but again, I haven't really seen anything to capture my interest in 13 anyway. MS is paying for the RPGs that Japanese care about, and while they really care about FF, they aren't the only fish in the sea in Japan. Now if MS pays for an exclusive Monster Hunter on 360 in Japan, then they have them by the balls, though I think the Wii is getting that game... Why? Some mysteries are better left unanswered. The truth might hurt more than the ignorance, and the Russian girl proved in the new Indiana Jones movie.

5. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, FFXIII...sorry for RAGE kicked in...I get tired of people not bothering to FULLY research a game, and then claiming something won't be available @_@ Will a specific JAPAN copy be made? No, no it won't...will the game be available in Asia, in Japanese...why yes, yes it will...Asian editions of games include Japanese are one of the selectable languages

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

So, basically what he said is true then?

"Importing" a game isn't the same kettle of fish at all.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But that's just it. Zero's statement was that the game would be a PS3 exclusive in Japan, as stated and confirmed by Squenix, not that the game would never be playable in Japanese on the Japanese 360s. That there will be a means for Japanese gamers to play the game on 360 in their language is not at question. I don't think what he stated was without research, it was just a simple statement of a fact made originally at E3 by square.

Macross on PSP might be exclusive to Japan, but I can still buy and play it here. Both statements are true, and certainly don't require the CAPS RAGE :D 

8. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

*Snif* You guys understand me at least :cry  :) 

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Japanese gamers, in general, don't give a flying shit about import gaming anyway, why would they? Certainly not in any significant numbers where it makes publishers and platform holders take pause (Hello Sony, did I tell you that I loved you today?) even if just taking preventative measures. And I don't think that's going to swing any one to go 360 for FFXIII anyway.

10. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    *Plays the Imperial Theme from Star Wars*

Satan must be skating his way to work today-DAMMIT, Smasher beat me to it!

Anyway, good for Xbox. :p 

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And I know I'm just a fraddy cat, but given the choice I will always get the RPGs on my PS3. Je suis desole, but my 360 makes way too much noise and makes me nervous when it's accessing the disc every 10 seconds. If I am going to pour dozens of hours into an RPG, like I did with Dragon Quest and FF12, I want to at least feel somewhat comfortable that my system isn't going to crap out on me and leave me hanging.

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i was gonna post that Tales last week had 140k sales...but that was actually for lifetime sales..

it was #25 last week, which at #23 this week, i'm guessing had better sales.