Xbox 360 Slim Disk Tray Error

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bumblebee028, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Bumblebee028

Bumblebee028 Technobot Prime

News Credits:
    So I got the disk tray error on my slim yesterday (It won't read disks anymore). Just wondering, besides sending it in to microsoft for $99 (Which I think is outrageous) or cracking it open , Is there anything else I can do to fix it?

If there isn't anything else I can do to fix it, what would you say is a better idea; Sending it in, or Trade in this Xbox and save up money for the Halo 4 Xbox while borrowing a friend's unused Xbox Arcade for the next 4 months?

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Interesting you should post this ...as I find myself in an incredibly similar situation. The disc drive on my 360 (A limited edition Halo: Reach silver slim model -- bought, new, at the game's launch) is in the process of giving up the ghost. Anytime I apply an update to a 360 game, or transition from an app back to the dashboard, the disc drive engages and makes this "kachuk-kachuk" sound as it tries to read from the disc. At which point I have to eject the tray, and only then will the 360 continue about its business. This is especially annoying when a game needs to update; as every time I have to eject the disc after the update downloads, get kicked back to the dashboard, load the disc back in and fire the game up again.

I'm likely going to purchase the Halo 4 LE 360 (Hm... two year old 360 starts misbehaving just in time for a new expensive Halo-themed 360 to come to market? Curious, that.) ...but I'm wondering what the hell to do with my current 360, if there's anything I can do with it to subsidize the cost of the new one.

3. Bumblebee028

Bumblebee028 Technobot Prime

News Credits:
    I honestly don't get this defect what so ever. My xbox really just doesn't want to read disks no matter what I do anymore, so I'm probably going to borrow my friends and sell mine to fund costs.

BB28

4. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    My 360 just refuses outright to show anything on the screen when booted up. SOund works just fine but no picture shows up.