XBox 360 or PS3?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Predaking, Nov 17, 2008.

1. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

Llama, get Uncharted. also get LBP so i can pin a donkey tail to your balls.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Llamas balls live on!

3. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

I still have not bought Uncharted. :( 

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Dude! You gotta! Nathaniel Drake is the bestest dude evar after Sawada!

5. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Sawada? as in Captain Sawada? Going to the store now!

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hehehe Nathaniel

7. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what has been said, I'd say go with the PS3.
    Besides you could pick up a arcade stick to play SF4 on.

I'll finally get use out of the Hori stick I have for SF on the 360 :p 

So you think Microsoft should incorporate Blu-Ray into their consoles, but keep the price the same as it is?

What planet do you live on?

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finished Uncharted on Charted difficulty last night. This game is full of Awesomesause! Now on to LBP until I reach 100%.

9. smangerbot

better get practising your dragon punches yo!

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    None taken, I haven't regretted my purchase since day one, and my PS3 has become a central HUB for a lot of things. And with my new VIAO laptop coming in this week, it will even become more of a unit where I can access all of the media in my home. And the notion that the last couple of months, the major games I have played have strayed away from the typical FPS genre makes me even more proud. And let's not forget somethng bubby... You aren't just paying extra for the Bluray players. I like having Wifi out of the box, and I like having a means to charge my controller out of the box. And although I can do that with my Halo 360, I paid the same amount for it as one would for the PS3 at the time. And if I wanted to play with other folks day one on the 360, I would join Live which is another spend. They add up to be the same. As a matter of fact, to equal the features of the PS3, (including the old HD DVD playback) you would be spending more on a 360

On the flipside, my friend's 360 went RROD a day after buying Gears, so I let him borrow mine, and the sad thing is, I haven't really missed it, with the exception of occational pop-ins to explore Mass Effect. I do miss that a little. And I do eventually want to try gears.

11. smangerbot

even the wii costs about the same after you've bought all the peripherals and jizzle. i costed one up and it was over £300, more than a ps3.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah especially the cost of the Wii Chargers and such.

13. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I'd love to say get the Xbox 360, but with the recent replacement of my console, I'm a bit weary. If you want the 360, go for it. Just make sure to keep it in a well-ventilated area, and check the system for any problems as often as possible. It WILL brick out; no matter how well you take care of it, it WILL brick.

So instead, get the PS3. Blu-Ray FTW.

14. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Wow, this thread is the total opposite of what it would have been a year ago. :lol 

15. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Really? Which console was more popular back then? The PS3 or the 360?

Or was it the Wii?

16. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    PS3 for me. The built in Bluray player is an instant sell. The games are pretty good too.

Where have you found this for cheap? I've been holding out for it to hit "Greatest Hits" status to snag a cheap copy. Alas, Wallyworld et al still has full priced versions last time I looked.

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your inputs. I am still undecided but is leaning toward PS3 at this point so I can sell idea of getting a Blu Ray player to my wife, who'd most likely try to discourage me from getting a video game console. So if I want backward compatibility on my PS3 I have the choice between 80g and 60g HD?

18. smangerbot

its been out in greatest hits for quite a while now i think...

19. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

Seems understandable. But still, not a bad idea IMO. I guess it won't happen unless there's a sudden demand. I was just suggesting it since ever since HD DVD went out of business, Microsoft doesn't have a high definition standard it supports. Apparently, it doesn't care about that, which I feel is a big mistake.

I come from the planet of pixies and faeries... No, seriously, I wasn't expecting to keep their prices as is. I know for sure that a blu ray add-on will increase the price and I have realized that by doing so, it will some its Pro consoles slightly higher than a 80 gb PS3.

Yeah, was going to say that the major reason I see more people jumping the PS3 boat than the sinking Xbox 360 boat is the dreaded RROD. But still, what hooks people is some of the exclusive games like Halo and Gears of War.

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which from a distance share too too much in common for the gamer that wants variety... yes...TFP vs. FPS/Cover system....however... "Alien invasion" Check, "Grunty Tough-Guy main character" Check.

Little Big Planet and Uncharted (which is NOT a Tomb Raider Clone), Folklore, Wipeout, and Flow don't break records, but they certainly break away from the mold that almost every game has to have now. It used to be (and I was guilty of this too) that people considered the original Xbox the "adult" system, but now I look at it as the young male teenage toy (which is why we complain about all the annoying chatter on Live), whereas the PS3 tends to be more what I used to see the original Xbox as, with the ultimate adult machine being the Atari Jaguar.