XBox 360 or PS3?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Predaking, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am determined to buy Street Fighter IV next February so I am already planning on getting a console system. XBox seems like a nice fit with good online system and quicker release dates for games but I also plan on getting BluRay DVD in the future so PS3 is what I should get, but PS3 is more expensive and have fewer good games than XBox so I am at an impasse now. SF IV will not be the only game I'll buy so I need to consider the pros and cons of each system first.. the controller is important too for a fighting game. Thoughts?

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Look at which has more exclusive games that you would enjoy. Or listen to the next 100 posts and get an XBOX. I will say the PS3 is one of the best BD players.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've been playing my PS3 a lot more than my 360 lately. And for the value, the PS3 is the best Blu-Ray player on the market right now. Both are great systems though, you really can't go wrong with either.

I'll be buying SFIV and SSF2THDR on the PS3 simply because the 360 has one of the worst D-Pads for 2D styled games.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the PS3 has a better controller for fighting games, but honesty, having both, I would say there's more games on the 360 I enjoy, so I would ultimately get that.

5. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didnt the prices of blue ray players go down anyway? Well i guess the decision lies in what kind of games you play and what games are exclusive for each system. I was gonna get a ps3 but then decided on an xbox.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I seem to use my Ps3 for DVD's and blu-ray and my 360 for games.

7. spider-prime

spider-prime <b><font color="red">Friendly Neighborhood <br> We

PS3, when MAG comes out, you know you will want it! 256 people in one server! SOLD!

8. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

depends on where all your friends are gaming. I chose the PS3 myself.

9. newguy

newguy i

PS3.Its stylish and just freakin awesome!

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i say PS3...the better of the two by margins...by that be my opinion.

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Sounds like PS3 will be the better investment for you personally, so go with that.

12. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for posting Predaking! I want to go next Gen with the new King of Fighters, Mortal Kombat vs DC, Street Fighter IV coming out.

Are there any plans for a Blu Ray add on for the Xbox?

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Yeah I want MK vs DC as well, if only there's a Capcom vs Marvel in the works...

I'd like to get PS3 for no other reason than its controller. If XBox can release a fighting game friendly controller then it'd make my decision easier.

14. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

From what I heard, there are plans to released an Xbox 360 with a built in Blu Ray player. I don't know if there are going to add an extension to the older Xboxes to play Blu Rays. As far as when they will release it, I have no idea.

15. McBradders

There are not any plans to release a 360 with Bluray. Microsoft repeat this almost weekly. They are more interested in digital movie distribution than physical so will pimp their own rental and Netflix services.

Again, to reiterate, if you want a Bluray and a games console, you'd be crazy silly not to get a PS3.

16. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

Well, that puts the end to that thought. I think I can survive this whole Blu Ray evolution til prices get slashed again (hopefully). As for now, my Elite Xbox 360 will do the job. Best console I've ever bought. :D 

edit: After doing a lil researching, I see ups and downs with the rumors. In my opinion, Microsoft should incorporate Blu Ray into their consoles if rumors like these keep popping up. I feel that somehow the consumers want the console + movie experience without having to pay alot for a PS3 that comes in one variety (nothing against you, PS3 owners). I chose Xbox over PS3 because the games exclusively to the console drew me in. But hey, to each their own poison. Pick what games you wanna play, check which console has them, and go from there.

17. McBradders

So you want MS to fragment their market even further than Hard Disk/No Hard Disk?

Aint gonna happen. Nobody wants it. People just expect them to try and compete with Sony on a feature that doesn't need any competition. It's a shortsighted expectation given their position in the market.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  18. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

for me this has been the year of the ps3. i barely fire up my 360 these days....

and that old chestnut about the ps3 not having any games doesn't wash these days i'm affraid.

19. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I plan on getting a PS3 within the next year. TELL ME THIS: Is it worth picking up a copy of Uncharted now for cheap? It looks good but is it AWESOME?

20. McBradders

It's awesome wowsome.