Xbox 360 Headset Question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Smasher, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    As some of you already know, the headset for my Xbox is broken.

I really don't consider it to be a production or design problem. My kids played with the thing many, many times when I was not looking. And, the cord had been shut in the storage drawer several times.

At any rate, I was going to buy a new headset and I wanted some input.
    1. Is the wireless headset worth it? I remember there were some problems with it at first, but I think they were fixed on one of the updates.

2. I was going to get the text messenger because that comes with a headset, but I think it has to plug into messenger module -you can't just plug it directly into the controller. Is that the case?

Thanks for any input!

2. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

A friend of mine has a wireless headset and I haven't heard a complaint from him. I tried it and it felt funny because it goes into your ear and clips around like a bluetooth headset.

The thumb pad messenger does indeed plug into the bottom of the controller where your mic would plug in otherwise so you can not use both at the same time.

3. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i'm pretty certain that the headset that comes with the keyboard attachment work with the keyboard attached and unattached.

the wireless headset works fine for me, but i guess if you don't mind wires too much just use the one that comes with the keyboard thingamajigger. also the wireless one is a pain to charge, 4 hours to full charge and it lasts 8 hours i think, plus it comes with a wall plug charger.

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Love my wireless headset, never had a problem with it other than forgetting I've muted it. I've also been told its much more clear when I have to switch over to the wired one. I keep my adapter plugged in and have the cable clipped to my TV stand behind the xbox so its out of the way but still easily reached.

The headset that comes with the messenger kit can plug directly into the controller with no issues. Its actually replacing the older headsets being sold seperatley. I use the chatpad a lot for talking to friends on Windows Live Messenger and it can be used in every game for simple things like naming saves/characters, entering point cards, etc. I also like the weight it adds to the controller.

5. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

Craaap. Sorry I read your post and for some reason the part about the messenger kit thing having a headset just didn't sink in.

My bad. :drunk 

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I thought that the headset that came with the messenger kit had to be plugged into the messenger kit. I'll probably get that. Thanks, guys.

7. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

nah, its just got a headphone style plug that just fits in without the mute and volume dongle bit (those are now halfway up the wire).