xbox 360 games on demand service

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I'm guessing its just the same as purchasing an arcade game but I was wondering if people had any experiences worth sharing and if it is reccomended?

Also how much gig do the games take up?

Cheers

2. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A friend of mine bought Oblivion from it and said it runs pretty smoothly.

From the looks of it, most games take around 4.5 - 5GB (you can see the size of them before you purchase them)

It is a good idea, though a bit pricey considering you could get some of the games pre-owned cheaper I think.

If they start doing new releases on there around the time of the retail based copies it might take off more.

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Thanks Boardwise.

When I asked about co-op games, Army of Two popped up. And as of yesterday it was released on the games on demand service. Amazon has it listed at 17 pound to buy new, so for 3 squid more I get it without waiting and free p&p :) 

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

For what it's worth I wouldn't reccomend that game. I also got it for less than a tenner, new.

Try this webbo, mate http://www.gamestracker.com/

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I don't think Army of Two is a bad game. It's an ok 3rd person shooter, and I like the weapon customizing stuff. The story and the characters though just feel unseemly and gross. I have been slowly playing it in co-op with a like minded friend and during cut scenes we mock what's going on and that makes it bearable.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The main problem with the games on demand stuff is that you can get many of the games brand new for cheaper.

7. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yep, it's just idiotic. I think it's doomed to fail as soon as it started. I just don't think the 360 market was ready for it. There's still probably far more people still using the standard 20gig HDD than there are that upgraded to the pricey bigger one, or own an Elite model. Thus not many people are likely to use it.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yeah, its just a bad idea. as stated, the games are more expensive on the service than they are used (or new, in most cases). and then if you delete them to free up space and want to play them again later, you have a few GB to download again. it's far more hassle in the long run.