xbox 360 cooling system

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by WhoKid57, Nov 19, 2008.

1. WhoKid57

WhoKid57 Well-Known Member

i have one of the older 360s and it's overheated and been repaired twice already. So i've considered to get an aftermarket cooling system but which should i get???

2. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I hear they magnify the problem?

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I've had one on my older Xbox 360. That Xbox 360 has always had a problem with games crashing until I added the Nyko Intercooler. The truth was that the Xbox would still have problems later on and the Nyko only covered it. I wasnt able to run GTAIV at all at thats what convinced me to get an Xbox 360 Elite.

Anyways, if you're ready to void your warranty I would suggest getting the Nyko Intercooler. Be carful for the one's you're buying though. You want the ones with a metal plug, the newer ones, not the plastic ones. The plastic ones can melt and make things worse. Only problem I had with the Intercoolers is that the right fan would burn out. So, I think their life time is... maybe 3-5 months?

Anyways, if you already have problems on that Xbox, these coolers dont fix it, they only cover it.

4. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Tip-a-troll says.....

Check your house. You may have the answer.

Find a computer fan. They can be purchased or found for on the cheap "thrift store, or goodwill" to name a few resources.
    Next get a battery or a couple. Wire them up in series to provide good current. attach fan leads. done.

If youre one step above that, get a aluminum or copper radiator, get a pump out of one of those "electronic harmony waterfall for 5.99" special sale at your favorite retailer for the cheap as well. Next, take your radiator and pump, go to napa, look for clear rubber hoses to attach them together. Next fill with water, attach hoses to the.......

5. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits: