Xbox 360 Arcade

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by BlitzFire, Jan 22, 2009.

1. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quick question for all you guys.

I have the opportunity through work of acquring a 360 Arcade system for free.

my question for all of you is: would it be worth my while to pick up the system for free and just buy one of the xbox 360 hard drives?

also....other question: i have heard that there is a SLIGHT difference between the arcade and regular version (elite included) of the 360 and that the faceplate can't be changed. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

2. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

In before "ZOMG 360 SUX!!!!!!"

Anyways I'd definitely say go for it. The arcade is the same as a normal 360 as far as I know if you get a HD for it. I'm not quite sure about the face plate. The only main difference is the lack of chrome on the arcade's disk drive.

3. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    For an extra $100 you can pick up the 60GB hard drive pack which includes a few other things that don't come with the Arcade version but do come with the Pro.

It's very worth your while.

4. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Definitely pick it up and take advantage of Microsoft's upgrade offer. They'll send you a 20GB hard drive for $29.99, but it expires on the 26th. 20GB is more than enough for game saves, downloadable content, and demo games.

Upgrade offer is here.

5. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

nothing wrong with a free console. go for it.

6. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

I also am looking at getting this system since my previous box got a red light a week ago.

What I know is that on top of the bundled Sega Superstars Tennis and 5 arcade games there is also a wireless controller, a HDMI port, the new "Jasper" chip (If manufactured before 9/08) and 256 MB of internal memory. So if you want to hold off on getting a hard drive you can still save some stuff to the system.

Id like to get another Pro system but at the arcades price it seems like a better deal, but I would defiantly recommend getting a hard drive at some point.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The system has a three year warranty. unless your system is from the first couple of months after launch, microsoft will repair it for free.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    The 20GB HDs can be replaced with hacked Western Digital HDs. That's how my 20GB became a 120GB for under $50.

9. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

Nope not if you system gets a single red light like mine did, its a completely separate error and problem that needs repaired. Microsoft only offers the free repairs to the three rings of death error (overheating, X clamp warping), but it didn't matter since my initial years warranty was already up they still wanted $100 bucks to fix the system and give me another years worth of warranty. So Id just as soon but that money toward a new one with internal memory, Jasper chip and a HDMI port.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    in that case I'd just cover the damn thing with towels and give it the 3 red lights.

11. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    more info this please!!!

i never heard of this, everything i read about hard drive for xbox just revolved around the fact that external hard drives can just be used for media storage and not game saves

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    what were you reading?

of course the hard drive is used for game saves.